Sennheiser EW 100 G2

Rayneman

• Members

I've decided to go wireless, and picked up one of these today. We have a show tomorrow night and I was hoping to bust this out.

It works out of the box, but the signal seems a bit hot as it clips my clean tones.

Does anyone here use one of these systems, and if so do you have any quick tips to set it up?

Yes, I have all the manuals and associated literature, but I'd really appreciate any tips from real-world users who have integrated them into their live rigs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

:)

• Members

I've got an EW 172, which I think is the same thing. You need to go into the Menu on your transmitter, and set the sensitivity. I use -10 and get good results, but you might need to go to -20.

WHen you're playing, the graphs or Meters on your reciever, you want the bottom of the two to be hitting the next to the last bar when you're hitting the strings hard. I'd bet if you look now, you're maxing that out, and that's the clipping you're hearing.

GREAT unit, but be careful with the wire that goes from the guitar to the transmitter, it's pretty fragile, I wish they'd make that stronger.

• Members
Originally posted by Marshall Freak

I've got an EW 172, which I think is the same thing. You need to go into the Menu on your transmitter, and set the sensitivity. I use -10 and get good results, but you might need to go to -20.

WHen you're playing, the graphs or Meters on your reciever, you want the bottom of the two to be hitting the next to the last bar when you're hitting the strings hard. I'd bet if you look now, you're maxing that out, and that's the clipping you're hearing.

GREAT unit, but be careful with the wire that goes from the guitar to the transmitter, it's pretty fragile, I wish they'd make that stronger.

AHHHHHHH, thank you very much!!!!

:thu:

Archived