Zinky Master Blaster

Panzerfoust

• Members

I just got a Zinky Master Blaster and it only gives a volume boost when I'm using the clean channel on my Uberschall. I wanted to use it for boost solo's but it's useless for that. I can't tell any increase in volume on the distorted channel of my amp. Even tried it on my Marshall 2203. Now this thing sounds great, I may use it all the time since I can't use it for solo boosts but it bums me out that I can't boost leads with it.

Also my Voodoo Power Plus 2 plugs don't fit snug and I can't power the unit. The adapter that came with it works. Both are 2.1mm but if I look at them I notice that the hole in the Voodoo cables is a little larger so it wont consistently power the Zinky.

The instruction book also says the polarity doesn't matter but when I use tip - and sleeve + it won't work and the LED goes out. I have to use Tip + and Sleeve -

• Members

Originally posted by Panzerfoust

I just got a Zinky Master Blaster and it only gives a volume boost when I'm using the clean channel on my Uberschall. I wanted to use it for boost solo's but it's useless for that. I can't tell any increase in volume on the distorted channel of my amp. Even tried it on my Marshall 2203. Now this thing sounds great, I may use it all the time since I can't use it for solo boosts but it bums me out that I can't boost leads with it.

Uhhhhhhhh, use it in the effects loop?

• Members
Originally posted by Rindgecore

Uhhhhhhhh, use it in the effects loop?

I tried that, didn't work. Plus if I'm going to use my effects loop I can just use my Intelifex to boost solos. I wanted to go with all pedals and use the Master Blaster with my Echo Park in a True Bypass loop. So I kick the loop in and bam! boost and Delay at the same time. That way I only have to bring my pedal board to shows. Plus if I use 2 amps WALA, both amps have boost and delay.

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

you'll never get a volume boost by boosting the input of an already distorted amp. it's already distorted. once it's distorted, all it's going to do when you boost it is get more distorted.

don't blame the pedal.

Yea I notice it boosts great on the clean tone of the amp. You actually get a large amount of volume increase. That's too bad, I was hoping I could boost it on the gain channel. Oh well it does sound pretty good so I guess I'll just use it all the time on the gain channel and have to take another route to boost solo's. That line 6 echo park isn't that great either so I'll dump that and stay with rack effects in the loop for boost and effects.

• Members

less pedal 'drive' = more volume boost when 'boost' is engaged

more 'drive' = less volume boost

it can take a little bit of tweaking to get the thing set -- not a plug-n-play pedal.

newer versions of the pedal have an internal trimpot to adjust the boost level, too. which version you got?

• Members
Originally posted by L6Sguy

less pedal 'drive' = more volume boost when 'boost' is engaged

more 'drive' = less volume boost

it can take a little bit of tweaking to get the thing set -- not a plug-n-play pedal.

newer versions of the pedal have an internal trimpot to adjust the boost level, too. which version you got?

I'm not sure. I just bought it brand new. So hopefully the newist. I never opened it so I don't know if there's a pot in it.

Archived