First Masotti clip, many more to follow..

LordRiffenstein

• Members

The weather here has finally settled to some more normal temperatures, so now I have some time to record some clips. I recently got a new recording 'setup' as well and needed to figure it out. So here's the first recording of the Masotti with the Line6 Toneport as preampt, more to follow!

I used my Haar strat (V60LP + SSV) with the crunch channel of the X100M, Paul Lenders 2x12 and I miced the Eminence V12 with a SM57, Toneport for pre-amp/soundcard into Cubase. I added a little touch of reverb and used some TRack-preset for mastering.

The entire clip is variations on playing and pickup selection, starting with neck pickup, neck+middle, then split humbucker and finally full humbucker. The lead part follows the same path more or less.

X100M crunch channel

• Members

Originally posted by LordRiffenstein

The weather here has finally settled to some more normal temperatures, so now I have some time to record some clips. I recently got a new recording 'setup' as well and needed to figure it out. So here's the first recording of the Masotti with the Line6 Toneport as preampt, more to follow!

I used my Haar strat (V60LP + SSV) with the crunch channel of the X100M, Paul Lenders 2x12 and I miced the Eminence V12 with a SM57, Toneport for pre-amp/soundcard into Cubase. I added a little touch of reverb and used some TRack-preset for mastering.

The entire clip is variations on playing and pickup selection, starting with neck pickup, neck+middle, then split humbucker and finally full humbucker. The lead part follows the same path more or less.

Hey man, that sounds really good. Hows the high gain? Anything like the last couple Graveworm records? I've heard they use Masotti.

edit: Graveworm vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qon_ws-5A&search=graveworm

Archived