Korg Micro X per Korg Microkorg, is it a good deal???

• Members

There is a guy that offers me a Microkorg in exachange of my Micro X. I know the Microkorg is a different kind of synth (VA) but, I was wondering if I can get more proffesional sound from the Microkorg or if I should keep my Micro X because it is a funny synth and the Micrkokorg is not a good synth that dont compete with other VAs.

I am asking opinions regarding the Microkorg to take a decision if this would be a good deal. I have never heard that synth and I dont know how easy of use it is and what are the synth capabilities it has.

Youtube does not help me too much and the description does not help to know how good the filters are, etc...

Thanks!!!!:thu:

• Members

Depending what you need. Both of them have keys and Korg logo, and this is where similarities go away. They are different concepts. MicroX is a ROMpler, Micrkorg is VA.

Microkorg has polyphony of 4 tones, but you can make it less by combining two of them because it's bi-timbral.

It can produce some sounds that MicroX can not, but the main question is, do you need that kind of gear? Some people that are less skillful in programing own sound were quite disappointed with Microkorg.

• Members

Very rarely I see someone make a trade offer that's not going to be substantially benefitting them :)

Unless it's close friends.

If you're not having all that much fun with the MicroX and you desire more hands-on control, a Radias or a used Virus B or C would be much better than the tiny-keys, 4-poly MicroKorg. MicroKorg's show up for 200 dollars on Craigslist here all the time.

• Members

Very rarely I see someone make a trade offer that's not going to be substantially benefitting them
:)

Unless it's close friends.

If you're not having all that much fun with the MicroX and you desire more hands-on control, a Radias or a used Virus B or C would be much better than the tiny-keys, 4-poly MicroKorg. MicroKorg's show up for 200 dollars on Craigslist here all the time.

Well, I have actually a Virus B. The thing is I bought a Korg Tr rack (Trinity in rack) and I love the sounds it has (more than the Micro X's) and some of them are the same than the Micro X (at least they have the same name and they tried to make the sound again in other board, not always with the same results), that's why I had doubts when this person made me the offer. But now I see that the Microkorg is not the synth I expected.

Maybe a better deal would be a Korg R3, but anyway, I still get fun from the Micro X (specially with the combis when I dont want to think too much after the work) so maybe I will wait for a couple of years more if I dont get a better offer.

Thanks!

Archived