Korg X5 patches.

• Members

Hi all. I just got a Korg X5 for cheap and I think it's a worthy little synth. I know there are a lot of patches on the net for the Korg 5X D model but would they work on the X5 too ? Also, is there a software program that I need to download on my PC for this ? Any replies are greatly appreciated.

• Members

Hello, I found this for you:

"Korg X5D is the keyboard version of the X5DR. Both are 100% compatible with the X5, which is the keyboard version of the 05R/W. The D-models have more polyphony (64 notes instead of 32) and more PCM-samples in ROM (8 megabytes instead of 6). Other than that they are identical with the X5 and the 05R/W.

This means that everything made for the X5 and 05R/W (sounds, software and songs) should work with the D-models. But alas, the reverse is not true because of the extra sounds in the X5D®. That's why you can't listen to the songs marked as type "X5D" with an X5, unless you remap the sounds. To help you do that I have the preset bank of the X5D available here. Not all of those programs use the extra samples of the X5D, so with some luck you can listen to those X5D-songs quite easily!

Proud owner of a brand new N-series synth, like the NS5R? Then you should know that it is soundwise perfectly compatible with the X5D®, except that the NS5R has some extra sounds and other cool features, but the down side is that it doesn't understand X5 sysexes!

Note: the only incompatibility between the 05R/W and the X5-series is that the 05R/W does not recognise the second part of the multi mode data dump of the X5-series, which contains track settings. The first part, effect settings, works fine though."

On here: http://www.blosphere.net/~janne/KorgX5FAQ.html

I think you will find around that web page a lot of information, yet sadly, some links do not work anymore.

• Members

Thanks again, guys. I remember seeing all those links while reading about the Korg X5 but it was kinda hard to remember where they are -now that I have one- and which ones worked and which didn't. I'm liking this wonderful little synth. I just hope I'll be able to figure out how to download and use those nice patches by Jay B without problems. Thanks.

Archived