Roland Cube 30 or Vox Valvetronix 30?

LeadGTRist

• Members

Alright, I need a new practice/ SMALL gig amp. I have a USA strat and I play mostly classic rock up to Iron Maiden or Van Halen type stuff.

That said, I'm looking for something with nice, warm tones that can give a good cruch overdrive/distortion.

I'm looking at the Roland Cube 30-Watt and the Vox Valvetronix. I'm leaning towards the Vox since it's supposed to be really close to a tube sound. It's about $20 more but that's not that bad.

What do you guys think? Any other amps that I should look at first?

Thanks

• Members

Hrm I'm wondering if I should get the 30W or just the 15W...

I'll be playing 95% of the time by myself in my apartment, but eventually I might want to play for my friends in a SMALL venue like a basement.

Would 15W be enough, or should I just get the 30 Watts to be safe? 30 Watts HAS to be enough...seriously for like maybe me, a bass player and drums I can't imagine needing more power than that for a small room... :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by constrict

I remember when this guitar teacher I had in junior high said my 30 watt amp would be loud enough for anything. HAHA.

VOX A30 is 30 watts. It's not only watts, but speaker efficiency as well.

OT: my Roland bluescube30 2x10 solid state combo goes as loud as a Laney VC30 2x10 tube combo. Both 30 watts. Roland has the best analog tube modeling besides Tech21.

Roland Cube-15 is good too.

Archived