Kawai K4 volume problem

Artmuzz

• Members

Recently, I took out my old Kawai K4 from the attic and plugged it in. Everything works on it except there is a problem with the volume. When I slide the volume slider right down the volume is only reduced a little (as if the volume was set between maximum and minimum) and there is no silence like there should be - I can still hear sounds when I press a key on the keyboard.

What could be the problem?

Please advise.

Art

• Members

Sounds like it could be due to oxidation on the potentiometer contacts or just the normal dust and so forth that tends to find its way into unsuspecting electronic circuitry over time. You could try moving the slider through its full travel several times to see if the problem gets any better (which you may have already done at this point), or you could use DeoxIT D Series to clean the contacts and G Series to protect the contacts.

Dave

Recently, I took out my old Kawai K4 from the attic and plugged it in. Everything works on it except there is a problem with the volume. When I slide the volume slider right down the volume is only reduced a little (as if the volume was set between maximum and minimum) and there is no silence like there should be - I can still hear sounds when I press a key on the keyboard.

What could be the problem?

Please advise.

Art

Archived