E-MU XBoard (49)

• Members

Looking at MIDI controllers, and I always loved the XBoards, especially when they came bundled with all those sound libraries.

Does anyone know for certain if the XBoard (49, and it's sound libraries) will work with Windows 7 (64bit)?

If so, anyone know of a good deal on one? :lol:

Thanks!

~M

• Members

I've had an XBoard 49 for four years, haven't tried using it on my WIndows 7 box; but I have an eMu 1212M audio/midi card in this box (dualboot - 32 or 64 bit) - and PatchMix and the drivers loaded with no problem - using the Vista drivers before eMu brought out the beta Windows 7 drivers. I would strongly suspect that the XBoard and its software would run, but have not actually tested it.

I bought the unit and used it for a while in church with a notebook and Native Instruments B4, but I now have an Electro 3 for my Hammond emulations, so the XBoard is not needed in my setup. Very good condition, with the original CD (I really would suggest using the later drivers from the eMu web site), in original box, with outer box protecting that, shipped inside the continental US - $65 plus $20 shipping. I have 550 feedback on EBay, 100% positive (from the first, not just the last year), and have a PayPal account that could be used for payment. If interested, PM.

Some of the EmulatorX or ProteusX sound libraries will not authenticate, since Windows 7 does not support the proprietary way that they use MacroMedia to verify an original CD. This includes the World Sounds and the Protean Drums, and is true on 32 or 64 bit. EmulatorX and ProteusX had some 16-bit parts, and won't load nor run on 64-bit. However, the freeware Proteus VX does load on 64-bit Windows 7.

Jim

Archived