OT: Any of you play sax?

marder explorer

• Members

I played in high school. I've only been out a full year. I was on vacation from work and was bored as {censored}, I ALMOST got my alto out haha. I decided against it though. I was in the marching band and symphony band and such. I really miss it. All my friends were in there, tons of hot ladies. Everybody came to football games to see us, not the football team. Good times. :( We played in Chicago, Disney World, some places around Michigan. Lots of fun.

I was never very good. I used to be able to read sheet music with the best of em, but I never got into learning my scales and improving and such. I could have played in the jazzband, but I played guitar for it. I ended up 5th chair in our symphony band my Senior year. I think we had 23 saxes total split into 2 bands. The symphony band was the stacked band, so we only had 10 (Even that was WAY too many). He normally would want 8, even though that's still too many, but he couldn't put that many saxes in the other band either.

Yea it was a good time. I'm definately going to go back for the "alumni night" or whatever they have eventually lol. I'm a nerd.

• Members

Played hardcore for 10 years. All through grammer and high school and 2 years in college.

Started college as an instrumental music major. Got to the point that music wasn't fun anymore and I switched majors. Didn't pick up my horn for 4 or 5 years. Recently got the alto out and fixed it up. Still got the chops. My nephew is using it now.

I'm wanting to get my tenor redone. Bought it used at an auction and it's in rough shape.

Learned alot about music on that thing. Wonderful and challenging instrument.

• Members

I played from 5th through 12th grade but that was a long time ago. I pulled it out about a year ago for the first time in years. Between the pads prolly being shot and loss of technique/ability, it was pretty bad. I keep meaning to take it to a tech and then trying to relearn, but life continues to get in the way.

However, if you need to call in any ducks or geese, I'm your guy.

Archived