Laney VH100R - reverb wierdness

Astynax

• Members

Hello folks,

I got hold of a Laney VH100R over the weekend. It is a marvellous amp indeed, however I am experiencing a slight problem with the reverb circuit on there - basically, when the reverb is engaged, it occasionally fades out and then fades back in again (the reverb, not the actual amp sound - that would be a major issue!). Any of the tech guys here know what might be causing it? If so, would it be a simple thing to fix? In the grand scheme of things, it is a minor problem (I usually use pedals for reverb anyway) but it would be nice to know.

Cheers.

• Members

Originally posted by Astynax

Hello folks,

I got hold of a Laney VH100R over the weekend. It is a marvellous amp indeed, however I am experiencing a slight problem with the reverb circuit on there - basically, when the reverb is engaged, it occasionally fades out and then fades back in again (the reverb, not the actual amp sound - that would be a major issue!). Any of the tech guys here know what might be causing it? If so, would it be a simple thing to fix? In the grand scheme of things, it is a minor problem (I usually use pedals for reverb anyway) but it would be nice to know.

Cheers.

congrats on your laney. It's a great amp! I've never come across from the fade out of the reverb. You might want to open the back of the amp and check on your connections if it's loose. The laney does not use any tube for it's reverb

• Members

I thought it might just be a loose connection or something, it had no other effect on the sound. May have a look or perhaps pop it over to the tech who lives up my road to take a look at... Then again, may just leave it, it isn't the end of the world. But yes, it's a great amp - I've had a GH50L for years but needed the versatility of the second channel. The VH100R has it all, can't wait to crank it out onstage.

Archived