Combo Amp for Gigs

cromulent

• Members

Band is about to start smurfing around for gigs and while I enjoy hauling around the 4x12 marshall cab and the 90lb head (:freak:), I was thinking about keeping it simple and bring a small but awesome combo amp to mic, a guitar and pedal board.

Need suggestions for a combo amp that is:

1) 50 watts or lower tube amp. 1x12

2) flexible in sound from hard rock to poppy rock.

3) under 1k $$$

I was thinking the mesa f-50, but any other suggests would be great. thanks!

• Members
www.valvetechamps.com

If you can wait, it is most DEFINITELY worth it for the VAC, one of the options not listed on his site is the 50 watt option for 150$ that bumps it up to bigger transformers and el34 power tubes. If you supply the speaker to him he will only charge you for the cost of the head.

So 799 + 150 + 75 (vintage 30 from www.avatarspeakers.com, in the form of a Hellatone 60) comes in at 1024$ for an amazingly well made, great sounding, point to point boutique amp. Valvetech is run by one guy, Rob, who makes everything without help.

Here's mine... 2x12 50watter with reverb... 1250$

Ampshot.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

www.valvetechamps.com

If you can wait, it is most DEFINITELY worth it for the VAC, one of the options not listed on his site is the 50 watt option for 150$ that bumps it up to bigger transformers and el34 power tubes. If you supply the speaker to him he will only charge you for the cost of the head.

So 799 + 150 + 75 (vintage 30 from
www.avatarspeakers.com,
in the form of a Hellatone 60) comes in at 1024$ for an amazingly well made, great sounding, point to point boutique amp. Valvetech is run by one guy, Rob, who makes everything without help.

Here's mine... 2x12 50watter with reverb... 1250$

Ampshot.jpg

This is one beautiful piece of amplifier, Dude! :thu:

Archived