My '70 Fender Twin Is A Very Directional Amp

sydfan

• Members

If I stand right in front of it, I'm way too loud. If I move anywhere else on the stage, I can't hear a note I'm playing. I have one Celestion Vintage 30 and one EV Black Shadow (from a Mark III Boogie) loaded. WTF???!!!

:mad:

• Members

It's an open back combo, dood. If it's far enough away from a rear wall, than you're going to have the same problems with any amp. Hell, my singer uses mine, and I can hear it across stage at all the places we play. I typically will ask for a little bit in my monitor mix on bigger stages though...

...get some better speaker for the poor thing too!

• Members

There are a number of ways to fix this. You can install some Weber Beam Blockers. They help disperse the laser beam treble frequencies eminating from the dome of the speaker. Or you could put a 3x3" square of ductape on the grill cloth centered on each speaker. SRV did this.
I use beam blockers on my Super Reverb and AC30 and what I hear on stage is what the audience hears off stage.

• Members
Originally posted by TheToneGestapo

There are a number of ways to fix this. You can install some Weber Beam Blockers. They help disperse the laser beam treble frequencies eminating from the dome of the speaker. Or you could put a 3x3" square of ductape on the grill cloth centered on each speaker. SRV did this.

I use beam blockers on my Super Reverb and AC30 and what I hear on stage is what the audience hears off stage.

Interesting!

Thanks!

:)

Archived