Programs that records outgoing and incoming audio?

Thorhead

• Members

Hello,

So I want to have a program that records both incoming audio (computer mic/USB/etc) audio and also the outgoing audio (what you hear from computer speakers when you play audio file).

I want to use this to record a cover song so that I record what I am playing as well as the song itself, both in real time.

• Members

OscillaStation will record incoming audio, not so sure about outgoing as i use the aux outs on my mixer to connect back into the computer, which is really the same as incoming audio even when it's outgoing.

Also a free piece of software, so you could always download and take a look?

• Members

OscillaStation will record incoming audio, not so sure about outgoing as i use the aux outs on my mixer to connect back into the computer, which is really the same as incoming audio even when it's outgoing.

Also a free piece of software, so you could always download and take a look?

Thanks...

I find what you say kind of funny though, because all recording programs record incoming audio:lol:

But I mean there are some programs that can record the audio (and even picture) that your computer makes...

• Members

Well if you ask for programs that record incoming audio you might find people suggesting recording programs!

You wanted something that definitely meets both of your criteria rather than definitely one and quite possibly the other? :poke:

Yes, sorry lets get back on track.

• Members

Thorhead,

It's more like a hardware thing than a software one. To record what's coming in and what's going out simultaneously, all you need to do is use an audio cable out of the headphone jack of your PC going into the input jack of the PC. If your computer only has a mic input and no line level input, you could direct the cable I'm talking about to an audio input on your audio interface instead.

Then use whatever audio program you already have.

• Members

Create an aux send on your main fader in the daw of your choice. Send these aux sends to a stereo track that is record enabled and not being sent to the main fader. This will create a stereo track of the song. No extra programs or cables needed.

:thu:

Archived