Controlling a V-Synth XT using a Micro-X

• Members

I use the vocal designer card in V-Synth XT live at shows and I use a variety of keyboards as a controller for it with no problems. However I am having issues using my MicroX. The V-synth's midi indicator is showing that it's receiving data however no notes are triggering. the MicroX is sending on ch 1. It does trigger some tones at Ch 4-8 but none from the current patch I am using. Is there a setting that need to correct with the Micro-X to enable it to send midi?

Again the V-Synth works fine with other boards merely plugging in a midi cable.

• Members

I think you might be the only person in the world trying to use the Micro-X as a controller
:lol:

True... :D but isn't it advertised as a controller? :confused:

I only need one octave and this would save me wasting $125-150. I'd still use the MicroX for other sounds. Basically the Micro-X is convenient b/c of the size.

• Members

True...
:D
but isn't it advertised as a controller?
:confused:

I only need one octave and this would save me wasting $125-150. I'd still use the MicroX for other sounds. Basically the Micro-X is convenient b/c of the size.

I think that the controller aspect of the Micro X is more aimed at using with computers and software synths. However, I also use my Micro X occasionally to trigger sounds on my Korg M3 module or other hardware synth modules. Sorry I don't have an answer for your midi issue, though.

Archived