Power Amp Advice (feel free to spam me)

DeathByGuitar

• Members

My rack took a dive off my 4x12 and the cord of my QSC ripped out. Rather than get it repaired, I decided I should get something louder (it was 70 watts)

I saw this (http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1821&brandID=2) at a local store for $130 and I thought it looked pretty decent. Yes, it's not a guitar-specific power amp, but i figure it cant be any worse than the last one.

I'm looking to spend 200 or less on something that sounds decent. If anyone has any ideas, it'd be a big help.

And YES to all you tube nazis, i know that looking at something like that makes me a horrible person, and my soul will forever burn in the lake of fire, however, I have what's called a budget right now. :p

• Members

maybe you could get a mosvalve mv-962...would be same or less than that one you are looking at on ebay. only thing is its 2 space not sure if you were definitely looking for something 1 space

edit: then again i think the mosvalve is only 80 watts per side or something so might not be much of an upgrade nevermind :(

• Members
Originally posted by DeathByGuitar

My rack took a dive off my 4x12 and the cord of my QSC ripped out. Rather than get it repaired, I decided I should get something louder (it was 70 watts)

I saw this (
http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1821&brandID=2
) at a local store for $130 and I thought it looked pretty decent. Yes, it's not a guitar-specific power amp, but i figure it cant be any worse than the last one.

I'm looking to spend 200 or less on something that sounds decent. If anyone has any ideas, it'd be a big help.

And YES to all you tube nazis, i know that looking at something like that makes me a horrible person, and my soul will forever burn in the lake of fire, however, I have what's called a budget right now.
:p

You definately want an old mosvalve poweramp - dont get a Pa poweramp - they are rated at very low resistances - which is why people think they aren't loud - 300 watts at 2 ohms isn't for guitar.

used mosvalve - get one

Archived