Anybody try an Orange Rocker 30?

rememberduane

• Members

the rocker 30 is great for fusiony type stuff just like you described...it has a lot of gain but is always tasteful and thick...it can do hard rock like judas priest or early metallica but is still very at home with mellow jazz...especially the natural channel..but be prepared to tweak your guitars because the natural channel relies heavily on having perfect intonation...great sounding heavy guage strings....proper pickup height etc...its very picky

• Members

Originally posted by Esperanto

the rocker 30 is great for fusiony type stuff just like you described...it has a lot of gain but is always tasteful and thick...it can do hard rock like judas priest or early metallica but is still very at home with mellow jazz...especially the natural channel..but be prepared to tweak your guitars because the natural channel relies heavily on having perfect intonation...great sounding heavy guage strings....proper pickup height etc...its very picky

:) My guitar just got a setup from one of the best techs around with 12's.

Thanks for the info! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by rememberduane

Your Orangey goodness got the better of me. I decided not to get the 4x10.

And then I saw how nicely priced the Oranges are in the UK.. and oh NOOOOOO the GAS.

Which one do you have and what can you tell me?
:D

:D

I have an AD30HTC and 212 cab, but you can get it in a combo too.

Basically, ITS THE {censored}!

There's not that much to it man, its great. For me, its the perfect clean to mid-gain amp. I don't need uber-high-gain, so this one is perfect. The rocker will get more gain than the AD, but you just can't beat a cathode el84 amp cranked!!11 :love:

• Members

I have the Rocker 30 Head and 412 cab with V-30's. I got this amp on a trade, and have been very surprised by it. The biggest surprise was that with the 412 cab I can get it to sound almost identical to my Marshall JMP 2203. You would be hard pressed to notice a difference standing in front of it. I have a Tonebone Switchbone, so I can go back and forth between the two. With a band no one would notice a difference. I want to make some clips, because my guess is that they would sound more different on tape.

Archived