Guess the amp

GuitarHitman

• Members

I wonder if you can guess what amp I used for this :cool:

It's an old clip I found that I recorded quite a while ago while I was attempting Little Wing but I know which gear I used for it ;)

The quality of the clip isn't fantastic because it was recorded on my recorder's mic and it's picked up a slight hum from the PC it sounds like but it's not too bad.

http://www.mytempdir.com/920384

• Members
Originally posted by GuitarHitman

Are you calling me a liar?
:confused::eek:

i dunno. possibly.

not about the amp.

when i clicked the link, i got the whole, this page blah blah blah error blah try clicking refresh blah blah blah.

so i called ou a liar on you saying the answer was THERE, not what the answer WAS :p

but now i see the link worked, and i'm not suprised. some stuff in that brand is underrated :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by pink freud

i dunno. possibly.

not about the amp.

when i clicked the link, i got the whole, this page blah blah blah error blah try clicking refresh blah blah blah.

so i called ou a liar on you saying the answer was THERE, not what the answer WAS
:p

but now i see the link worked, and i'm not suprised. some stuff in that brand is underrated
:thu:

I was pretty surprised when I was able to get that tone out of it. The drive on the amp is grade A garbage and the clean channel is mediocre but very weak without something with some sort of EQ in front of it. If I took the effect pedal out, it would resemble an amp with the treble all the way up and everything else turned down.

It's been sat gathering dust for about the last 5 years almost and I thought I'd plug my Strat into it to see whether or not I was going to hang on to it or go for something like a Microcube to take to university and it reminded me of some of the clips I recorded with it and how fairly decent they sounded. I think I'm gonna hang on to it :thu:

I was just pretty interested to see what results I'd get with this thread though :o

Archived