OPINIONS WANTED: What would you choose??

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Well I`m being as undecisive as a little girl trying to decide how to spend the big check I`m going to get in May `07. I`ll have about $3,500 to spend, but need to cover a few bases with it.

I`ll be able to buy one big item that costs between $2,000 and $2,500 and that`s where I`m having trouble making up my mind. Should I get a great guitar or a great amp? This is what I`ve narrowed it down to.

1) Gibson Les Paul Standard limited edition @ $2499.99

2) Mesa/Boogie Roadster head @ $1899.99

Either one would be a hell of an addition to my collection/rig.

The LP is bad ass with an ebony fretboard and binding on body, neck and headstock. Add a set of locking tuners and an EMG 81/60 setup and it would be so sweet. Total metal domination in a LP.

Or,

The Roadster head would give me the freedom of four different channels set up to switch on the fly. Plus the added benefit of setting each channels power and reverb level independantly. I could set up a true clean, a dirty clean, heavy rhythm and liquid mid-range lead tone. Something I cannot do with my Single Recto.

That`s a hell of a decision, right?

Eric

• Members

MESA, it looks like you have a fine selection of guitars,you can only play one at a time! the amp will give you some versatility, and plenty of time to tweak your tones, the les paul, might get a little boring, you know just pluggin it in and playin, versus the amp ,workin hard to discover the SWEEEET SPOTTTTT!!!!!

• Members

Personally, I would never spend that much on a guitar unless it was custom built. You could get a used Historic or Custom for less.

The Roadster is a sweet amp. You know how close I came to getting one.

If it were me I'd get the Roadster, sell the Single, then get a used LP. The best of both worlds!

• Members

Thanks for the posts guys.

I`m thinking the Roadster would be the best choice for my big item. It would add so much versatility to my rig. Things I could never do with my Single Recto. Which is a shame because it`s a killer sounding amp.

I actually played three different LP`s of that model while I was at my local GC this weekend. They had three used models in the same finish. They all played pretty well except for the cruddy old strings and some simple setups. Although I don`t think adding a LP would help my rig that much, but it would be sweet to have one.

I`ll be buying another EC-1000 in Febuary and if I go with the Roadster it would leave me with enough money to buy a good little acoustic guitar and a fairly decent acoustic amp. That seems like the best way to go to round out my rig.

Eric

• Members

The roadster is only $1899? :eek: All those options for that price. Sounds good to me. :thu: Although I played one of those LP Standard Limiteds last weekend and it was sweet! :love: It was the dark blue color, kinda like a navy blue with all the white bindings.

Maybe I should sell my Triple Rec and buy your Single if you decide to part with it. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for voting guys. The results so far are pretty much what I thought they would be. So far it`s 15 to 5 in favor of the Roadster.

That`s a pretty convincing lead for the four channel Mesa/Boogie wrecking machine. Pore old Les Paul never saw it coming.

Anyone else have a vote to put in?

Eric

• Members

Hey Eric!! Dude, you have to introduce your wife to mine...all I get is grief when I want to buy new gear:o She must be very cool.....either that or your're hung like a horse:D

Get a used LP..especially if your going to do mods on it:thu:....

Then give me the rest of your cash and bless another brother!:idea::thu:

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Lord ToneKing

Hey Eric!! Dude, you have to introduce your wife to mine...all I get is grief when I want to buy new gear:o She must be very cool.....either that or your're hung like a horse

I wish bro. She hates me buying more musical equipment. I actually have to spend money on her every time I buy something major. This time she wants to trade in her wedding bands for something with twice the carot weight. So I`m giving her $2,500 for that and I get $3,500 for myself.

Everything`s a trade off in a marriage. :rolleyes: I guarantee my Roadster rocks harder than her new rings though. :thu:

Eric

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I wish bro. She hates me buying more musical equipment. I actually have to spend money on her every time I buy something major. This time she wants to trade in her wedding bands for something with twice the carot weight. So I`m giving her $2,500 for that and I get $3,500 for myself.

Everything`s a trade off in a marriage.
:rolleyes:
I guarantee my Roadster rocks harder than her new rings though.
:thu:

Eric

Women and their jewelry:freak: What a waste of money, especially when there is always a nice amp or guitar to buy:idea:

At least you get the extra grand...good for you!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Lord ToneKing

Women and their jewelry:freak: What a waste of money, especially when there is always a nice amp or guitar to buy:idea:

At least you get the extra grand...good for you!
:thu:

My wife explained it to me like this. All women are in some kind of competition. The bigger the ring, the more their husband loves them. And whoever dies with the most loving husband around their finger wins.

Eric

Archived