help! im an idiot! (more speaker wiring help!)

bluesboy

• Members

So my empty cab arrived (finally) and im getting ready to put the speakers in. I know how to wire the speakers (finally) but it came with a strange cable. Ill describe it the best i can... so inside the cabinet there are two input jacks... each has the piece that plug pushes on, and three smaller prongs. The wire i got has two single prongs on one end, and it splits to three sets of two prongs, a black and a red on each. I m assuming the black and red ones go on the speakers, and the other ones somehow go to the jacks? But why is there an extra set of red and black, and what goes where on the jacks? HELP ME IM AN IDIOT!!!!!!

• Members

Hmm, I don't know what the third pair could be for. Maybe one combination is for series and the other for parallel? I'd just use a multimeter to see how the thing is hooked up. Either pick to and plug em in then measure with an ohm meter, or use the continuity checker setting (beeper) to see how the plugs are all connected on the wires.

Are the jacks already wired together? Maybe the 3rd pair is to connect the second jack to the first one.

got pics?

• Members

I see now that all of the black wires are coming from one, and all the red wires are coming from the other... maybe that will help? I think probably the two go one jack, and then where it's the set of three, two go for one speaker, two go for the other, and two connect to the second jack???

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

I see now that all of the black wires are coming from one, and all the red wires are coming from the other... maybe that will help? I think probably the two go one jack, and then where it's the set of three, two go for one speaker, two go for the other, and two connect to the second jack???

Ya, that's what I'm thinking too. If all the blacks are connected together and all the reds are connected together, then when you wire everything up the two speakers will be wired in parallel (total impedence equals individual speaker impedence / 2) and the 2nd jack will let you daisy chain another cab in parallel.

Archived