Whole tone just gone...SHIT.

willash

• Members

Ok, i have an old Carlsbro 60 Watt Tube amp which i have recently found a nice Laney 2x12 cab for. It was originally a pa amp so it only has the one clean channel.

For the distortion i use Marshall Jackhammer which i get a great marshall tone, which is what i want.

BUT...

i turned on my amp as usual today and i used the JH with it and it sounded crap. It was really harsh and kinda false soundin.

i hadnt change the settings at all and i just occured out of nowhere. Anooying thing is i just got my DS-2 today and that also sound really harsh and just not nice at all, i know this is not the pedals cos the DS-2 in the shop was rele nice and i have been getting really good tones from that.

Anyone know what has happened??

Could it be the amp or the cab?

thoughts much appreciated

Cheers

will

• Members

Originally posted by TONEJONES

Check the battery in the pedal.

ive done that, change the battery, changed settings on the amp, still no better.

it seems no matter what setting its on i still hear that harsh sound piercing through:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by NiCkMiLnE

could be tubes, i knwo that your ehel34 isnt biaed to match the mullard, so its a chance! sorry man!

also, it could be an off day, everyone has a day where they turn it all one and its all goen to {censored}, next day its sweet as honey

cheers nick, i REALLY hope it is an off day!

Archived