OT:Guitar spending limit....

penguin_316

• Members

Am I stupid for wanting a custom guitar made for me if I know it'll satisfy my needs forever....price tag $2500. What do you guys think? I spend a lot just trying out diff. gear and I know I could save myself a lot of money by going after what I really want from the start. Opinions?

• Members

if you're sure it's what you want, i'd say go for it

another thing to consider tho...are you willing to accept the consequences if it gets lost, stolen, broken, etc? i'm kinda paranoid about spending big $$$ on gear for that reason

if you'd be heartbroken and unable to replace it if the worst should happen, i'd make sure you think hard about that

• Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

if you're sure it's what you want, i'd say go for it

another thing to consider tho...are you willing to accept the consequences if it gets lost, stolen, broken, etc? i'm kinda paranoid about spending big $$$ on gear for that reason

if you'd be heartbroken and unable to replace it if the worst should happen, i'd make sure you think hard about that

Well, knock on wood...I've never had anything stolen(I've sat with my gear for hours before putting it up on stage-I trust no one)...and I've never broken a guitar. I'm not even sure how people do..cause I can get outta hand with throwing my axe around. This guitar would be my baby though....and due to it's possible weight/cost/dimensions/etc. I wouldn't be throwing this one around my head any time soon.

• Members
Originally posted by penguin_316

Well, knock on wood...I've never had anything stolen(I've sat with my gear for hours before putting it up on stage-I trust no one)...and I've never broken a guitar. I'm not even sure how people do..cause I can get outta hand with throwing my axe around. This guitar would be my baby though....and due to it's possible weight/cost/dimensions/etc. I wouldn't be throwing this one around my head any time soon.

I dont buy guitars that are too expensive for me to have to worry about scratching them dropping them, my kids picking them up playing it and dropping it. So my limit is $500... at that price if I dropped it or my kid dropped it.. I wouldnt have to kill them or myself if they snapped the neck :o

• Members

Well, relatively speaking...I'm getting a hell of a deal. An eight string custom hand made/Pau Ferro and alder wood/27 frets/one bareknuckle nailbomb 8 string pickup/fanned frets(29.2"-26 something inches-can't remember).

The luthier knows his stuff..so its really a question of me paying that much for a guitar.

Archived