Iron Maiden "Raising Hell" DVD

Cap'n Ahole

• Members

So I was at the local music store & found this. Says it was in 93 right B4 Dickinsons adios performance. Done at Pinewood studio London, in colaboration with some horror illusionist for a PPV event..

The sound was pretty horrifying in 5.1... you could hear the bitrate conversion happening really bad! After about half thru, it cleaned up a little... The performance was kinda... contrived, like they were trying too hard to put on a show, but they played fine. The illusionists part was kinda whatever... Maybe if youre into that, i dunno... :p

I had LIVE AFTER DEATH on VHS long time ago, & that was good. Im not into their new {censored} so im gonna have to seek.

• Members

Originally posted by dennis138

Also, I picked up the Death on the Road DVD. Not as good as I hoped. I wish they would just kick ass again. Priest does, why can't Maiden?

Um...the only thing worthwhile Priest has ever done was Painkiller. Maiden is still putting out killer albums. Get their Rock In Rio DVD, it's the best concert DVD I've ever seen.

• Members

I WAS AT THAT SHOW!!! You can see me a few times as the camera goes over - I think I was about 17!

I remember my eyebrows getting singed by the start which was a fake hand grenade thrown to the stage, followed by a small explosion which singed the first few rows!!!

Some of the tricks were done on the night, but others had already been done and were added in. The show was beamed live to the USA so we had to stop every now and then for advert breaks whilst Bruce told us jokes! LOL

Not the best maiden performance, but it was great to see it :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Um...the only thing worthwhile Priest has ever done was Painkiller. Maiden is still putting out killer albums. Get their Rock In Rio DVD, it's the best concert DVD I've ever seen.

Ill check out Rio too, but your way off on Priest! ;) Dude, ever check out -Unleashed in the East-? That is priest at their finest IMO. But I know what you mean, I think Painkiller was their heaviest at least. :cool:

Archived