Replacement Alesis ION Black Knobs

-groovatious-

• Members

Hey guys

Just had a pretty annoying experience.

I'm about to sell my (very good condition) Alesis ION and took it in to get one of the output channel FETs repaired at the local recommended synth tech - and while it was in the shop, they 'squashed' 2 of the knobs out of shape and tore a third clean in half.

After arguing with the shop for an hour (they tried to play the ''it was like that when you brought it in'' card - which I immediately called BULLSH*T on), they agreed to get a replacement knob from the distributor. (I managed to get the 2 squashed knobs back to normal)

Anyway, it looks like Alesis ship parts to Australia in drips and drabs and no one seems to know when they're going to get any replacement black ION knobs in.

I found a place online that ships ION parts to Australia, but they're REALLY expensive, especially shipping (over $22 shipping for 1 tiny plastic knob)

Can anyone recommend any places where I could get them affordably sent to Australia? Or if someone has some spares lying around, I'd be happy to fix you up for them?

Cheers guys!!

• Members

Hey mate, howz things down under?

Can you tell us which online store you tried? so we don't duplicate our suggestions.

The only one I know is http://www.instrumentalparts.com/alionsppa.html, and I have a feeling it is the one you are referring to.

I assume they will ship USPS, but unfortunately the $22.00 rate will probably be the same.

I once shipped a Micron to a mate in Australia and we were both impressed by the USPS delivery time, and condition of the box when it arrived.

Archived