5150 g major and midi controller...

adfasdfasdfasdf

• Members

Ok I have a 5150..If i get the g major and a good midi controller..could I, lets say, switch from the clean channel on the 5150 while using some delay and reverb from the g major, to the gain channel on the 5150 with no effects..by pressing just one button? have a stored preset that changes amp channels and gives me effects?

• Members

How do you connect it..Guitar to input of the amp...Gmajor input to the send of the FX loop on the 5150..output to the Return of FX loop..and The midi controller hooks up to the g major? or the amp? or both? And I can store a preset on the midi controller to controll both the amp switchin and the presets of the g major with one button? If so that is awesome...can you turn the FX loop on and off using the midi controller? Of do you still need the stock 5150 footswitch to turn fx loop on/off...I'm just trying to get my setup as easy as possible to get to one sound to the other..

• Members

Originally posted by adfasdfasdfasdf

How do you connect it..Guitar to input of the amp...Gmajor input to the send of the FX loop on the 5150..output to the Return of FX loop..and The midi controller hooks up to the g major? or the amp? or both? And I can store a preset on the midi controller to controll both the amp switchin and the presets of the g major with one button? If so that is awesome...can you turn the FX loop on and off using the midi controller? Of do you still need the stock 5150 footswitch to turn fx loop on/off...I'm just trying to get my setup as easy as possible to get to one sound to the other..

The midi controller hooks up to the Gmajor. The gmajor has built in channel switch that you can asign to individual presets. Once you have the midi controller programed all you do is just change presets and the gmajor will channel switch your amp via a channel swtich 1/4" output on the gmajor that you connect to the footswitch input on the 5150...Example...

Lets say you are playing a song that requires a dry rhythm sound and a full on lead sound. For the rhythm sound we will put some eq and a touch of delay. We will assign this to preset one and set it to switch your amp to the rhtym channel. On the lead sound we will put some reverb, delay and chorus and assign it to preset 2 while switching the amp to the lead channel...The gmajor has two relays that are either open or closed. One for the effects loop of the 5150 and one for the channels. This way if you have two presets programmed and both of them are on the lead channel, the amp will not switch it self back to the rhythm...

• Members

Hi adfasdfasdfasdf,

Which model 5150 do you have? Check out my response to zoean on 18 Sept 2006 in the G-Major Tips thread (link in sig). For his 5150 (early 2 channel), no special cables were required - just a stereo to stereo lead.

You will have to decide whether you want the switching cable to run to your Berhinger, or to your G-Major, as either device is capable of doing the switching. I prefer using the G-Major, not least because there are fewer cables on the ground.

And yes, once set up, you can switch amp channels and FX chains simultaneously - that's what I do in my rig. :cool:

hal9000Andy_sRigFinalSmallRevC.png

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

If you are interested in this setup, I have the whole rig for you for sale.

GMajor, BEhringer FCB1010 controller, 4space SKB rack case, JerryP cable for the peavey amp switching....

email me at jallwardt@aiacorporation.com as I'd like to sell it as a group, instead of pieces...and everyone so far is only interested in pieces...

I've run this setup for awhile with my Peavey JSX....it works great.

Archived