Korg Triton editing?

uOpt

• Members

I got a Korg Triton Extreme. Nice keyboard and sounds great and does what I need as a guitarist's sideinstrument.

But it seems the built-in UI does not allow sound editing. But what's worse, there doesn't seem to be a computer program provided by Korg either. All I can see is a commercial offering (with a free trial or shareware start).

Surely that can't be the state of affairs...?

• Members

I got a Korg Triton Extreme. Nice keyboard and sounds great and does what I need as a guitarist's sideinstrument.

But it seems the built-in UI does not allow sound editing. But what's worse, there doesn't seem to be a computer program provided by Korg either. All I can see is a commercial offering (with a free trial or shareware start).

Surely that can't be the state of affairs...?

Is there a specific edit you're looking for?

• Members

I had a Triton pass thru my studio last year, held onto it for about 6 months then sold it. I've been using Korg synths for decades, and I have to admit the first encounter with the Touch Screen was baffling. I couldn't even figure out how to get it into Edit Mode without having to read the manual. Normally I've always found Korg synths to be quite intuitive to program without a manual, not so with the Triton/touch-screen thingy. Just give me a good LCD readout and some Knobs. If there's going to be a touchscreen, it needs to be bigger, like on an Opensynth Neko. Fiddling around with my huge apeman fingers on a little 3" x 3" touchscreen was too painful.

• Members

Thanks, Rich.

Well I'm printing the manual as we speak :) I expect to do better afterwards. Or do I have to read it, too?

Good points, Chip. Without reading the manual just poking around I actually ended up thinking there's only the performance edit and this is a unit meant to be programmed at a computer.

• Members

I had a Triton pass thru my studio last year, held onto it for about 6 months then sold it. I've been using Korg synths for decades, and I have to admit the first encounter with the Touch Screen was baffling. I couldn't even figure out how to get it into Edit Mode without having to read the manual. Normally I've always found Korg synths to be quite intuitive to program without a manual, not so with the Triton/touch-screen thingy. Just give me a good LCD readout and some Knobs. If there's going to be a touchscreen, it needs to be bigger, like on an Opensynth Neko. Fiddling around with my huge apeman fingers on a little 3" x 3" touchscreen was too painful.

wow, that touchscreen was well received for over a decade.

I guess there is always an exception

:)

Archived