Dumb Question re: True Bypass Pedals

Rayneman

• Members

As long as the unit is turned off, can one leave it plugged in without battery drain (unlike say, a regular Boss pedal)?

I have always wonderd about this, and just got a Keeley Java Boost and thought it might be time to know the answer!

Thanks

• Members

In general (There may be exceptions), I think tha answer is no. The battery will still be powering the circuit in a ready/standby mode. The drain willl depend on what you're powering. Most times, the battery is "connected/active" when the instrument is plugged into the input jack.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarchaz

In general (There may be exceptions), I think tha answer is no. The battery will still be powering the circuit in a ready/standby mode. The drain willl depend on what you're powering. Most times, the battery is "connected/active" when the instrument is plugged into the input jack.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by guitarchaz

Great info, thanks!

Archived