Fender Bassman Date of Manufacture

ssimontis

• Members

I just purchased a Fender Bassman Silverface amp today, but I can't figure out when it was made. The front says Bassman 135, and it has a master volume control, which I have read means it was manufactured after 1972.

The Fender page says to look up the transformer code, but where is the transformer? I'm a computer guy, but I don't really know that much about electronics, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

• Members

I saw an article on serial number approximations of the Bassman, and it looks like mine was made in 79 or 80. I will PM him though, thanks for the help.

Now, could anyone recommend some good tubes? The guy I bought it from has never replaced the tubes.

• Members

You *may* not need to. Mine still has a tube in it marked "Fender":eek: Maybe original?! But I had it checked out by a knowledgeable guy here in Dallas and he said it's fine to keep rolling with it.

anyway, if you want to tweak with tubes and things, skipstar can probably give you some advice...

• Members

Originally posted by ssimontis

Now, could anyone recommend some good tubes? The guy I bought it from has never replaced the tubes.

You also may want to put up a separate thread on that question, I'm sure you'll get some hits...

Archived