My country rig has mojo!

Celestion101

• Members

That's right, I love the looks that I get when I roll this into a venue! The truth is, I set this thing to a brighter sounding clean, run my pedalboard straight in (loves pedals!), and I can get enough twang for Bakersfield! The Nocaster doesn't hurt either! :-) I've only used it in the larger venues and outside stages (fairs, etc.) because it is a loud mofo, even when barely on. I'd love to see about a half power switch, so input is welcome. I really love the alt country tones I get with my Sparkle Drive. Just really big and blooming. For the smaller venues I'm happy to use my Top Hat Ambassador 2x12. The Matchless in this picture sold today. Another great amp, but the other rigs suit me better. Just though I'd share. Cheers, Rick

100_0384.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by OldMTDP8350

Answer me this: Why does everyone with that marshall head put a dummy cable in the two inputs?

I've always wanted to know.

You jump channels to use both the "Normal" and "High Treble" volumes and blend to taste. Plugging only into one or the other makes for extreme bass or treble tones, and this creates a happy medium. Some snip the bright cap, but this is working well for what I'm doing.

• Members

Originally posted by Celestion101

You jump channels to use both the "Normal" and "High Treble" volumes and blend to taste. Plugging only into one or the other makes for extreme bass or treble tones, and this creates a happy medium. Some snip the bright cap, but this is working well for what I'm doing.

Oh I understand now - thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by OldMTDP8350

Answer me this: Why does everyone with that marshall head put a dummy cable in the two inputs?

I've always wanted to know.

I should note you get more gain out of it as well, at least with my '69 Major, and I think that's true with the 50 and 100 watters of the era as well.

Archived