Amp options for Nord E2

tylert

• Members

I was wondering if any Electro 2 owners can tell me some good options for amps. I'm using a small (cheap) PA right now and to be honest the rhodes and wurlitzer patches seem very bassy through it. I have to turn the bass way down on the nord and the pa to get it to sound clear and natural to me. I know that Eps like that are bassy to begin with but this is more like muffled bassy. I know asking for a good "affordable" amp is a bit like asking if I can make chicken soup out of chicken {censored}, but if there is anything that sounds particularly nice with the nords eps and clear up the sound a bit that would be great. Thanks

• Members

I forgot to ask if anyone has noticed the hissy when turning up the treble all the way? you can only hear it when pressing the keys but its quite irritating with my current setup. I figure a decent amp will have all the treble I need so I can keep the nords treble at about 12 o' clock. It seems strange to me though that the samples with out turning on the eq bands are this bassy. I would have made them as clean as possible with nothing on them.

• Members

I have a Nord E2 and consulted the Nord Nerds at their forum on this issue awhile back. Upon their advice, which varied (actually, I caused a fight among them), I experimented with several things. I was originally using a fairly cheap Behringer K3000FX amp. Sold it and got Mackie SRM450. Sold it and got a Traynor K4 tube amp which is what I use now. It's a great fit for the NE2. But honestly, the much cheaper Behringer amp was a great (I ended up selling it for $250, which is probably around what you could find it for on Craigslist or eBay)...though it was often castigated by the Nord Nerds. Sometimes I wish I still had it.

Archived