Reverse SPAM info: Les Paul Info needed...

Themetallikid

• Members

ok, so because I trust you guys better and know you guys better, I'm going to ask here as opposed to the guitar forum. I have a friend whose dad wants to buy him a Les Paul of some flavor. He is looking to spend about $3000 total, would prefer to buy used rather than new. I'm not familiar with LP's, so if anyone could share information for me to relay about which models he should look at and such, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Themetallikid

thats what I thought, was a custom or a studio, and he said that custom was what he was looking at. What is the price range of those used roughly>???

Anywhere from around $2,000 to $200,000 depending on the year. Search e-bay and you should get a good idea

• Members
Originally posted by Savo

A Les Paul Custom would be your best bet for that amount.

definarely

does he prefer woody/natural finishes or black ones ?

my fave LP custom is the black beauty, you may want to check these out..gorgeous ! :cool:

you can look at ebay for a good idea, tons of LPs on there..you can also browse the completed auctions to look roughly how much they go for.

and yeah, some sold over 200K in the past, depending of the year
if you see a genuine LP '59 with a buy it now of 3K, jump on it or advise me by all means possible ;)

Archived