Anybody ever want to kill their neighbor?

rememberduane

• Members

Originally posted by Stratotone

Don't you have any authorities you could turn the guy over to? I would think if it's that loud you're not the only one affected by it.

Back in my apartment days I had a neighbor that would play super-loud rap from midnight to 7am. I called the cops, but when they showed up they would turn it down... then back up as soon as they left the parking lot. I went over there to get them to turn it down, and there were 1/2 dozen or so guys that basically told me to get {censored}ed. Ok, great. Enjoy your party.

I went off to the side of their building (it was a different one than mine, that's how loud the bastards were) and pulled the switch for the entire building. No power to building, no problem with loud rap music.

Also no power to their A/C, and it was the middle of July in Oklahoma - we're talking high 90s - low 100s and very humid.

When I left for work that morning at 7am, I made sure nobody saw me and I turned the power back on in case I had to do it again that night. Didn't want maintenance to figure it out and replace the missing lock on the switch (it was a huge blade switch to the side of the mains.)

It was still off, none of the Rap Geniuses figured it out. Strangely enough, there were no more loud parties at that apartment.

Pete

Well done!

I'm starting to have the same problem in my building. My neighbors above sure like their music, sometimes at all hours. Thing is, I've got my 1300W PA system sitting in my living room, and have warned my super that if these idiots continue disturbing everyone, well I'm gonna play some music of my own.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by rememberduane

It will. I'm thinking about another Z. We'll have to see if I can swing the cash. If I can, it'll probably be a Mazerati 1x12 w/ an AirBrake (for the dorm and jamming with my pianist friend). The biggest problem is UK voltage. I can't lug this damn step-down converter I have all over the place. Who knows. I may end up with a 50w Bass Plexi clone by Ceriatone, or a DC-30 clone.
:D
Either way, I realized I need a more mid-heavy amp again.

The thing which floored me about the Z was the clean tone and headroom (not to mention that gorgeous reverb). Can't wait to see how it takes my OD pedals.

• Members
Originally posted by Marc Roy

The thing which floored me about the Z was the clean tone and headroom (not to mention that gorgeous reverb). Can't wait to see how it takes my OD pedals.

Yeah, the Doc did an AMAZING job with that verb, and the clean tone and headroom are amazing. When I DID crank the amp, it had this really unique three dimensional quality to the breakup. Almost an acoustic, woody quality. That's how I love my amps though... JUST getting a bit of breakup, so that it can be clean to a tiny bit of crunch based on my pick attack and volume knob, then hit them with a great OD for different overdrives. I can't imagine better amps than Dr. Zs for that. The bastards are LOUD too :D. It's because of those giant trannies.

• Members
Originally posted by Stratotone

Don't you have any authorities you could turn the guy over to? I would think if it's that loud you're not the only one affected by it.

Back in my apartment days I had a neighbor that would play super-loud rap from midnight to 7am. I called the cops, but when they showed up they would turn it down... then back up as soon as they left the parking lot. I went over there to get them to turn it down, and there were 1/2 dozen or so guys that basically told me to get {censored}ed. Ok, great. Enjoy your party.

I went off to the side of their building (it was a different one than mine, that's how loud the bastards were) and pulled the switch for the entire building. No power to building, no problem with loud rap music.

Also no power to their A/C, and it was the middle of July in Oklahoma - we're talking high 90s - low 100s and very humid.

When I left for work that morning at 7am, I made sure nobody saw me and I turned the power back on in case I had to do it again that night. Didn't want maintenance to figure it out and replace the missing lock on the switch (it was a huge blade switch to the side of the mains.)

It was still off, none of the Rap Geniuses figured it out. Strangely enough, there were no more loud parties at that apartment.

Pete

I like you more and more lately Pete. :D:love:

Yeah, we've complained so many times, he was supposed to be kicked out. The next time it happens in the middle of the night, I'm probably going to call the cops and just tell them that my dorm security isn't doing anything about it and I can't sleep or study.

• Members

I like you more and more lately Pete.
:D:love:

Yeah, we've complained so many times, he was supposed to be kicked out. The next time it happens in the middle of the night, I'm probably going to call the cops and just tell them that my dorm security isn't doing anything about it and I can't sleep or study.

I'd check your municipal bylaws if that doesn't work. Even though you're in a dorm, they should still apply.

• Members

seems like one family of jackasses moves out and there is another to take their place.the newest ones moved in friday next door.obviously they left their backyard stuff for final load and just dumped it in new front yard.bbq,lawn mower and a pile of concrete that looks like it must be a fire pit.now it has snowed so the {censored} will sit there till spring.

• Members

I'm living in a dorm, and the guy above me needs to be thrown from his third floor window.
:mad:

He plays horrible reggae/rap/dance music so loud that even with my windows closed, I can hear the highs completely clearly, not to mention the bass from his subs just shaking my ceiling.

This would be "acceptable" if it were in the day, as I'm a pretty easygoing guy, but its like.. he never sleeps. It comes on at like 3 am, 5 am, 7 am. The other people on my floor and I have asked him several times to turn it down, even called security on him. He just turns it down for a little while then it goes right back up.

To add to all of this, the kid thinks he's the next Jack Johnson but sounds more like an early-round American Idol reject. He cannot sing... at all. He is horrible on guitar, and sings out of key with it. At around midnight. For hours.

Is murder acceptable? Can I say temporary insanity? Self defence (I thought I'd die from lack of sleep)?

Oh my {censored}ing god, I want to shoot him, he just turned on a really horrible Black Eyed Peas song.

:freak:

I had a simular situation with a dude throwing parties every night when I was in a dorm. I usually did not mind but when I had to wake up early to do work and get to practice. I could enver sleep so I got my singer at the time who was a big skinhead looking fellow (not in the racist way) to give a knock on his door, bitching about how his guitar player can't {censored}ing sleep and thus practice. Never had problems again.

• Members

I'm not a metalhead.. at all. In fact.. I'd rather hear {censored} rap than metal.

But I am more than likely getting a Marshall 50w Bass Plexi clone around the holidays. When I come back, I am going to aim that {censored} straight up and put all knobs on 10 and rock out some Zep or something.

that is the correct answer actually.

• Members

Originally posted by Roccaforte Amps

What if he likes your zep music? Then you're really {censored}ed.

Why not just go and kick his ass?

I should set up the amp right outside his door, with my friend poised and ready to beat him with his shinty stick the moment the kid opens up.

• Members

I should set up the amp right outside his door, with my friend poised and ready to beat him with his shinty stick the moment the kid opens up.

You might be onto something. Roll it out to his door, crank it with some gain behind it, hit an A chord and wake him up when he's sleeping.:D

• Members

Not just some gain. I'm talking everything dimed.
And then bust into the The Lemon Song or Custard Pie.
:eek:

The opening riff to "Custard Pie" would probably do it nicely. Or just let a chord ring and have the amp feedback like crazy.;)

• Members

I'm living in a dorm, and the guy above me needs to be thrown from his third floor window.

:freak:

Murder sounds enticing, but you've probably heard by now
it's against the law.

Solutions hmmmm-------- :
Ok,

1. Tell him you love his music and want to come up and share a cozy Glass of
wine with him.
He'll be petrified that you'll do it , and throw all his crap out the window first night.

2. Do like Jerry Picker (I think) and crank your accordion through your half stack
at random hours, (stay up 4 nights in a row to find out his sleeping schedule)

3.Turn his electric meter upside down , and report him.

4 . Fill his locks with Gorilla Glue...

• Members
Originally posted by strat2

it's against the law.

Ok,

wine with him.

He'll be petrified that you'll do it , and throw all his crap out the window first night.

2. Do like Jerry Picker (I think) and crank your accordion through your half stack

OH! I love #4.

• Members

I lived in a quad where my quadmates listened to the latin reggae rap crap, but this guy wouldnt turn it off when he left his room. He also was one of these guys that would go out clubbing every weekend, sometimes on the week days. He would spend from 6pm to 12 am in the shared bathroom (between us and his room) preparing for the club, shaving his ballz and stuff (i know this because every time you hear buuuzzzzzzzzz flush) and i doubt he was cutting his hair over the toilet. He also decided to start up a buisness where he would cut other people's hair in our shared bathroom, but wouldnt clean up the hair for like 2 days so it was just on the ground. Since the bathroom was always blocked my roomate and i got in the habbit of pissing out the window in his rooms direction.

• Members

OH! I love #4.

If you got just a small window to get the job done ?,,
let the glue sit out 30 minutes or so to get tacked up ---------
then get it on.

Charming results......

Works on windshield wipers too, for that 'delayed' pay back ...

• Members
Originally posted by strat2

it's against the law.

Ok,

wine with him.

Those are good ideas, but skip #1. If this guy is the second coming of Jack Johnson, well he might welcome you up to have a glass of wine with him.:D

• Members
Originally posted by Marc Roy

Those are good ideas, but skip #1. If this guy is the second coming of Jack Johnson, well he might welcome you up to have a glass of wine with him.

Notice I said share a glass not 'have' a glass , the former paints
a so much more disturbing picture...

Course I have no cluse what the fucj a Jack Johnson is so I
guess you may be right...

Oh my ----------------

I think I'll shoot my pc --------- uhhhhh excuse me.........

Click Click (12 Gauge)...

• Members

I don't see how anyone can take metal seriously.
:rolleyes:

It amazes me the idiots you see on HCAF.

Yeah, apparently there are some people dumb enough who would rather listen to someone talking to an electronic beat than to people who are actually playing their instruments, and playing them goddamn well.

Archived