Let me tell you about my trip to Sam Ash...

lanojp1

• Members

Ive been going to Sam Ash weekly, with hopes of the salespeople starting to know me on a first name basis, incase any nice deals might come along, also, because i just love going, and im in the market for a new stack, well it paid off...

Ive had my eye on the H&K MKII Triamp for a long time, i love that head, but its price tag has always pushed me away.

So ive been shopping around for Marshall JCMs, everything frmo JCM800 to JCM2000 TSLs.

I played the JCM800, nicest clean tone ive heard probably ever, but the distortion, eh not so much.

Then moved to the JCM2000 DSL, very nice, both clean and distorted, but I enjoyed the TSL ALOT more and was pretty much sold on it.

Then a certain salesman who both of my friends who I was with know very well comes over, says you guys should see my new head.

Uh oh. My friend says 'You will probably cry when you see this'.

Salesman walks back in from going out to his car, carrying a Hughes and Kettner DUOTONE.

The next 45 minutes consists of him playign this very loud in store, telling me all its perks, and also saying that this amp is everything the Triamp is.

At this point, I cant ever buy another head. This is the tightest sounding amp ive ever come across. With the clean channel on 10 there is virtually NO breakup, it has a nice OD boost option( Footswitchable), and overall this is just a very nice amp.

He goes on to say that he got this as a demo model straight from H&K for 1100 dollars, retail is 2400.

In my mind i say, God Damn it.

He continues to say that he could PROBABLY get another for the same price, mark it up a little bit for some kind of profit for the store, and then sell it to me at virtually 50% off the list price.

Pretty much self explanitory, they needed a mop and bucket to clean up the mess I made in the store.

The End.

• Members
Originally posted by stangme01

hmm have to check that one out. I've never seen H&K amps in sam ash though?
:confused:

I guess H&K got a little better then cause their old stuff sucked horribly
:o

They dont carry it in store but they do have contact numbers for H&K Reps so they could special order anything from them.

Archived