yamaha DG100...anyone knows about it??

jkg

• Members

A guy is selling a Yamaha DG100 amp, and I'm interested, but I have some doubts about it...

The motorized knobs...are they too fragile??? can they be easily replaced if one starts malfunctioning??

Are the sounds really good on stage???

Thanks guys, hope you can help.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I use one live. I find the crunches sound weak and slightly digital sounding. I just purchased a keeley ds-1 pedal to run through the amp for my crunches and waiting to get it to see if it can get me a better crunch. The cleans are not bad sounding but they can be a little weak. If you turn the gain up past 5 the amp starts to distort some even with the trim knob at lower settings. It's a problem if you want really clean cleans at higher volumes. The lead distortions are the best thing on the amp I find. I think the delay, chorus, and tremelo are not bad and usable live. The reverb I think sounds a little digital as it is not true spring reverb. You can get a holy grail reverb pedal and will probably sound better than the amp's reverb but I have not tried it. The vintage 30's can be a little "ice picky". I replaced one speaker with celestion g12h-100 and it does smooth out the highs a bit and sounds less harsh. I had a HR Deville with several pedals at one time and sold it to get the yamaha dg100 to simplify everything. As far as the knobs go, I've had mine for about 6 months and haven't had a problem with them. I had an E3 error message live once. Had a bad midi cord from midibuddy to the amp. Just replaced the cord and no further problems. Hope this helps.

Archived