The OFFICIAL Behringer loving BLUE RIBBON thread.

McHale

• Members

Off topic I know but ... what are your thoughts of DVP-1? I've been bidding on those on ebay for years now.. never win.

It's a real vocoder and not an effect like on the Triton, M3, RADIAS, or KRONOS. No Korg synth on the market can do what this thing can. I forget what I paid for mine but I think it was $475 about 10 years ago. The big problem is I rarely ever, ever use it. For the vast majority of people, the Vocoder effect is what most people want/need/use and everything since the Triton does a decent job at that. I've got mine listed on CL right now at $300 and I've had one person inquire about it and he offered me $50 for it. ?!?!?!?!

Watch this cheesy video of the VC-10. The DVP-1 does everything that does plus more.

The more I think about it, I may need to keep this thing!

• Members
I use the Xenyx 1002B for the same purpose. Pretty clunky, but it works and sounds better than I would expect for $100. I've been gigging with it for years and no complaints!

598036.jpg

Besides, how many other battery powered mixers do you know of?

I used one of the original Feedback Destroyers, perfect for quickly ringing out monitors on stage. Found no use for it once I got better monitors ;) Still have it because the resale value is only about $25 :idk:

Because I don't play guitar much, I didn't want to drop lots of dough on FX pedals so I got this which sounds pretty good to me :thu:

Behringer%20X%20V%20Amp.jpg

Although it's typical Behringer quality...the switch on the expression pedal that lets you alternate between volume and parameter control doesn't work right and never did :facepalm:

• Members

Xenex 1202FX Used for 3 years no problems have a second one, new in box, never needed.
DI 8000 8- 1/4 in / 8-TRS out ground lift/mute fantastic single rack space $79.00
Both used over 3 years/ at least 1 gig a week. Thank You, Mr.Behr

• Members

For me it would have to be .....

RX1602_P0206_FrontTop_XL.jpg - actually very quiet and a great little rack expander/mixer for my sound card.

B-2-PRO_P0190_Set_XL.jpg - great quality for the price (use it for found sound sampling duties) and home recording.

C-2(OEM)_P0263_Microphone_XL.jpg - used for sampling cheap toy instruments and household items etc in Reason/Record.

And the best kept secret IMHO (has some suprisingly good plate reverbs) - FX2000_P0A3P_Front2_XL.png

• Members

If I ever go onstage again, I want one of those floorboards McHale - to control my LIVE sets

With the UNO mod, it really is very programmable. It allowed me to go from 6 (or 8) pedals to that one pedal board and 5 of those buttons (top row) I don't use at all. If I'm only using one synth, I don't use it. But if I'm using 2 or 3, I do with no question.

Archived