Can You Recommend Me An Amp Based On...

idrisguitar

• Members

The sound I want.

Basically I want a good amp 50 watts or above, but isn't too expensive.

Its for my music which is instrumental. So im looking for a soft tone where I can place light distortion, delay, reverb effect pedals on it.

I really dont know much about amps so I hope your expertise on this matter will help me use my money wisely.

Thanks a lot

~Idris

• Members

sorry for not being very clear guys.

i just want 50 watts or more. (im childish)

i play post rock instrumental.

kind of like explosions in the sky.

so i will be playing a lot of light slow stuff but occasionally there will be heavy crescendos.

I don't have any preference on tube or anything like that as i don't really know much about them. i will simply trust the consensus of opinions on this board :)

price wise , around or below the

• Members

i have been researching the fender deluxe reverb (and also found out explosions guitarist actually plays the fender '65 twin reverb amp which is similar, but obviously better and more expensive.

anything with a similar tone that more into my price range buying new?

if not i may just wait on it and save up. but if there is something else out there with similar great tne that i can afford now it would be really helpful.

• Members

Originally posted by idrisguitar

i have been researching the fender deluxe reverb (and also found out explosions guitarist actually plays the fender '65 twin reverb amp which is similar, but obviously better and more expensive.

anything with a similar tone that more into my price range buying new?

if not i may just wait on it and save up. but if there is something else out there with similar great tne that i can afford now it would be really helpful.

The twin is not better, just different, louder, heavier, cleaner..

As guitarslinger mentionned, Traynors are good.

If you want to buy new, you're limiting your options of getting an amp of better quality, especially in the tube amp market.

What you need is a good clean tube amp.

Fenders : Hot Rod Deville's(nice clean, horrid OD)

Deluxe Reverb

Bandmasters

(well, basically anything in the Fender line new or used)

Ampegs

Traynors

Just be sure to try out a tube amp for yourself before buying anything. You must be convinced on how it sounds not based on forum chit-chat...

Best of Luck!

• Members

okay

ill try and get to a music shop to test a few amps

basically if i can build a list of amps that i would want to try at the shop then i would appreciate it.

so:

the deluxe reverb

other fenders, traynors, roland, Bandmasters and ampegs.

Do you just reckon a 50 watt marshal amp with the right pedals would be good too, or should i go and test tubes first?

• Members

Marshalls don't have the best clean sound, specially non-tube ones.

Also, tube ones will be way out of your price range.

I think you should try fenders, as said.

Also, try epiphone valve amps. I have 2 and they are very good, specially for the price.

• Members

Regarding Marshall, you would be better off with a Fender especially for the music you want to play. Don't be fooled by the 'watts' an amp pulls out. Tube amps are very loud. Louder than their solid state counterparts.

Fenders are good foundations to build your sound upon. You can use pedals for dirt and effects.

If you can check Ebay, you're bound to find some used '70's Fenders for a good price. When taken care of properly, they could outlive you!!

Best of Luck

Y

• Members

haha,no musician wants to outlive their equipment.

thanks guys i will go with whatever i can afford.

will try to find a good used fender deluxe reverb but otherwise i will research other fenders.

im looking into the line 6 dl4 delay pedal and the sansamp tech 21 gt pedal also.

and im definetly getting the electro harmonix big muff russian.

but since this is an amp board ill shut up now

thanks a lot everyone who has helped me. i really appreciate it,

ill let you know what i end up with :)

Archived