A Good Gigging High Gain Amp?

Devinstation

• Members

My band has started to set up some gigs and so I am starting to look for an amp that REALLY captures the sound I am looking for.

Ideally it would be a 2 channel amp, with good, punchy cleans that can get plenty loud to be heard over another guitarist, bassist, and drummer who all play loud. I also need a good distortion. I guess the best way to describe it is a thick distortion, I played a Mesa Single Rectifier once that had a similar sound.

I really don't care if it is tube or solid state, it just needs to sound good. I also prefer combos just for their convenience but I would not hold back on buying a Head+Cab setup.

Suggestions?

Also if anyone has one the want to sell or possibly trade for an Epiphone Blues Custom (and maybe some cash too) Im open for offers.

• Members

Originally posted by Devinstation

You are right I forgot my budget.

I would like to buy used so I can get something better. I would like to keep it under $1000 just because I am poor
:(

Well, since you already like the Rectos, check out the Rectoverb 1x12 combo, and just for giggles, try out the F-50 1x12 as well. Both used will be well under $1000, and more like $700-$900. The F-series is now canceled so you should be able to get the dealers to budge on the price.

I have a ton of info on the F-series in my sig.

Good luck! :)

Archived