About to pull the trigger on a RAN guitar

JnBroadbent

• Members

For the past few years I've been gasing for a 24 fret rhoads and it seems I can't go wrong with RAN. If anyone knows any other custom places that could possibly make one for cheaper or the same price (sup 2k) let me know.

But how do you metal heads feel about RAN guitars? I know slaughter something has one and loves it.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by JnBroadbent

For the past few years I've been gasing for a 24 fret rhoads and it seems I can't go wrong with RAN. If anyone knows any other custom places that could possibly make one for cheaper or the same price (sup 2k) let me know.

But how do you metal heads feel about RAN guitars? I know slaughter something has one and loves it.

great investment. they sound great and hold up. i'm beyond happy with mine. take care of it and it will take care of you. VERY VERY comfortable and solidly built.

• Members

Check out Gutierrez guitars. Brent does fantastic work and his prices are very reasonable. I just bought my first one and have already started talking to Brent about making another one for me. He can definitaly do a 24 fret Rhoads V for you. I don`t think he has his website up and running yet, but you can check him out on his myspace page.

www.myspace.com/gutierrezguitars

Also go over to the Rigtalk forums. They have a complete forum that is dedicated to Brents guitars. Lots of great pics and info there.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=a4ee118d3c12ed6709485e89063e01ac

Eric

• Members

You could look into importing an Edwards (ESP) or Jackson Stars Japan market model. They have a number of 24 fret MIJ Rhoads V's that would be nice, and around half of your $2K mark.

67683_b.gif

66798_b.gif

... but a custom made Ran would be even better I'm sure :) Tons of options to get exactly what you want at a highly reasonable price.

• Members

Originally posted by SeraphSlaughter

great investment. they sound great and hold up. i'm beyond happy with mine. take care of it and it will take care of you. VERY VERY comfortable and solidly built.

I got a quote of 1540 euros for a barebone RR which is a tad under 2k without shipping and such. I guess the prices have gone up now that they are more in demand compared to a few years back. Just wondering, but are you an OTer?

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Check out Gutierrez guitars. Brent does fantastic work and his prices are very reasonable. I just bought my first one and have already started talking to Brent about making another one for me. He can definitaly do a 24 fret Rhoads V for you. I don`t think he has his website up and running yet, but you can check him out on his myspace page.

www.myspace.com/gutierrezguitars

Also go over to the Rigtalk forums. They have a complete forum that is dedicated to Brents guitars. Lots of great pics and info there.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=a4ee118d3c12ed6709485e89063e01ac

Eric

This was the other lutheir I was contemplating about but when I was in the market about a year ago, I emailed him twice and got nothing back. I understand he is a busy man and gets a ton of emails but I will try him again.

Originally posted by ghastlyone

You could look into importing an Edwards (ESP) or Jackson Stars Japan market model. They have a number of 24 fret MIJ Rhoads V's that would be nice, and around half of your $2K mark.

67683_b.gif

66798_b.gif

... but a custom made Ran would be even better I'm sure
:)
Tons of options to get exactly what you want at a highly reasonable price.

I forgot about jackson stars. Good thinking.

How much do they run? If I can get something close to what I want for 1000ish, I would be pretty stoked.

• Members

Originally posted by Nacher

Polish Rek-guitars has a bit lower prices than RAN and considerably shorter queues. From what I have heard, their guitars are just as high quality as ran is. At least the pics on their site look amazing.

that's the main reason I didn't go with Ran- last I checked, the wait was 8 months, minimum!

:(:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Dave_Mc_2

that's the main reason I didn't go with Ran- last I checked, the wait was 8 months, minimum!

:(:thu:

Well I guess my complete custom RR will have to wait.

I think I'm gonna go with either Edwards or Jackson stars.

There is a pretty sweet Alexi Jackson look alike on the Jackson Stars site that looks damn good IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by NiCkMiLnE

he isnt takign orders till marsch now, then add 8 months!

i was all set and ready to order my cruiser dave, dimarzio's, neck thry, custom model.

damn waiting list!

that's hard luck, nick- great avatar, by the way! :love:

have you checked out legra (www.legraguitars.co.uk) and trevor usher (www.soundsinscale.com)? they both have pretty good prices, and I'd assume less waiting lists (I know legra does, anyway).

probably not just as cheap as ran, but you'd have it sooner, and it'd feel more like a totally custom guitar!

• Members

that's hard luck, nick- great avatar, by the way!
:love:

have you checked out legra (
www.legraguitars.co.uk
) and trevor usher (
www.soundsinscale.com
)? they both have pretty good prices, and I'd assume less waiting lists (I know legra does, anyway).

probably not just as cheap as ran, but you'd have it sooner, and it'd feel more like a totally custom guitar!

how would it feel more "totally custom"? I'm not getting on your case here...just that you can order all kindsa wacky crap from Ran. it's just that they're under EXTREME orders now cause of their popularity. plus poland just joined the EU so their prices are gonna go up.

But yeah if you dont wanna wait that long/deal with shipping go Guitarrez.

• Members

that's hard luck, nick- great avatar, by the way!

have you checked out legra (
www.legraguitars.co.uk
) and trevor usher (
www.soundsinscale.com
)? they both have pretty good prices, and I'd assume less waiting lists (I know legra does, anyway).

well, im a luthier too remember dave..lol

i jsut thought,, ill free up some time and make one!

and thanks..elisha = :love:

• Members

how would it feel more "totally custom"? I'm not getting on your case here...just that you can order all kindsa wacky crap from Ran. it's just that they're under EXTREME orders now cause of their popularity. plus poland just joined the EU so their prices are gonna go up.

But yeah if you dont wanna wait that long/deal with shipping go Guitarrez.

true, I guess I kind of meant the way they have stock models, but I guess so does legra, lol.

The wait's the main thing, to be honest.

• Members

Originally posted by NiCkMiLnE

well, im a luthier too remember dave..lol

i jsut thought,, ill free up some time and make one!

and thanks..elisha =

yeah. I don't normally like blondes, but an odd-one is super hot. like elisha. Just keep her out of 24, and I'm good.

• Members

Originally posted by JnBroadbent

I forgot about jackson stars. Good thinking.

How much do they run? If I can get something close to what I want for 1000ish, I would be pretty stoked.

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_10.php?cate=1&state=1

you can do yen>dollar conversion on sites like http://www.xe.com/

the edwards or jackson stars would be in the $1000 shipped range. :)

• Members

yeah. i'd have gotten another by now if the prices hadnt gone up and the wait wasnt so long
:(

I looked into them but the wait just totally put me off. also, the stock models were good value but the options upped the price quite a bit.

• Members

here are my two RAN

standard invader & custom vision

1336456643_l.jpg

you can listen to a clip of me playing the invader in my sig

custom vision

P2170148.JPG

Very good guitars.

The best thing with RAN is that your imagination is the only boundary. If you can draw it, they can make it

Archived