Graves at Sea - Amps used???

-DOOM-

• Members

Hey hey -

Does anyone know what amp gear this band uses? Evidentally, they use orange heads and cabs, though never having seen them play, what model heads are being used? Feel free to list any other gear the guitarists may use....Cheers :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Bungle

They talk about their gear in this interview

http://www.stonerrock.com/interviews/index.asp?InterviewID=122

Sunn, Gibson, and many pedals, figures
:D

that's Buried at Sea (who also totally destroy!)

the guitarist for Graves at Sea uses an Orange ad140 (actually these days he's using 2 of them, or at least was the last time I saw them)

he's always played a gibson faded SG special when I've seen them

• Members

Originally posted by yabba

that's Buried at Sea (who also totally destroy!)

the guitarist for Graves at Sea uses an Orange ad140 (actually these days he's using 2 of them, or at least was the last time I saw them)

he's always played a gibson faded SG special when I've seen them

Does he plug straight in or use heaps of pedals as well?

• Members

Originally posted by DOOM-900

Does he plug straight in or use heaps of pedals as well?

I'm pretty sure he plugs straight in and just dimes the amp. Those amps lose a fair amount of definetion and get very 'blunt' when run wide open like that; the tone works really well for them, I think :thu:

• Members

matamps stay tighter and clearer (as do older oranges, which are basically the same as matamps)

as far as sound quality, I think they're both good, depending on what you want to do. I think the ad140s work really well for Graves at Sea. :thu:

• Members

cheers mate......:thu: :thu:

Just getting in to Graves at Sea and this has helped heaps.. I love the tone on their new split album with Asunder;awesome tone - thick, middy and fairly clear (very little buzz)....I prefer this tone to their earlier stuff. I doubt they will ever make their way to Australia:(

Down here, there's little differentiation in price between Orange and Matamp, so I'll sus both out.

Cheers :thu: :thu: :thu:

Archived