Audio Express Specs

• Members

I contacted Motu for a question, here you go: Hello I have owned 1 MOTU product, the 828mkII, and I was impressed by the sound of the 828mkII and i'm looking forward to owning an AudioExpress. I was wondering how does the AudioExpress sound? Is it anything like the 828mkII? In a review of the 828mkII I wrote that the hiss of the 828 was classy and i'm hoping that the AudioExpress is the same or better, I know it cost less, but technology has evolved since the 828mkII has come out. Please give me any information that the website doesn't list and thank you.

Then: Thank you for your interest.

The Audio Express is a newer generation of technology as compared to the 828mkII. The Audio Express shares the same specs as the 828mk3, which are several db better than the measurements for the 828mkII. In short, if you were happy with the specs of the 828mkII, you will be more than happy with the Audio Express.

Dynamic range 112db A-weighted RMS

Max I/O gain 20dbu

And then: > Somebody wrote on a musical store review that the 828mkII sounded better that the 828mkIII. They said it sounded thin do you know anything about this?

I have not read any such review.

An audio interface should have no "sound" of it's own. Specs:

THD+N .001% (both models)

Frequency response from 10hz to 48khz at 96khz sample rate +/- .05db (both models)

Maximum input gain:

18dbu for 828mkII

20dbu for 828mk3

Dynamic range:

110 db for 828mkII

112db for 828mk3

I wouldn't give much credibility to a review that said an interface sounded "thin".

Archived