Need some help with Keystation 88ES controller...

kwyn

• Members

Hi. I just bought a keystation 88es and the black keys seem to play significantly louder than my white keys. I have it hooked up to my nord electro 3-61 key. I wanted to use the keystation to play the piano sounds on it.

Problem is that black notes are playing way too loud and it sounds really annoying when I play.

Any suggestions? fixes? Please help thanks

• Members

Well, I don't think anything is really going to fix it. I too own the Keystation ES, my 2nd one, but have not noticed this.

One thing is true, the action is just off; not smooth but sometimes spungy, sometimes stiff, sometimes sticky. It also seems to vary according to the instrument it is controlling. I noticed that my Roland FantomX6, when I had one, sounded very dull when being controlled the M-Audio. My Korg Microstation is less noticeably dull but this also is a new Keystation as well. I think there may be some action curves but I have not tried them? I am using whatever came as the default one.

The next time I play I will try to pay attention to the black keys.

Unfortunatley adjusting the action on the slave unit will not make a difference.

Archived