thoughts on Rocktron Taboo Twin

kurtisqpublic

• Members

I actually own one of these things...I gave it to my buddy to use a couple of years ago when his amp died. I got it a long time ago from a Guitar Center scratch & dent sale, I think I paid $399 or something, when they were going for some horrendous >$1K price new.

What to say about it...2x12, stereo, like another person said basically the velocity power amp deal with familiar rocktron effects and interface. 100 watts, tuner out, etc...

For a practice amp it would be pretty nice. It doesn't have the super (albeit fake sounding) modern low end that probably one of the newer digital modellers might get.

If it were still in my basement I'd send it to you for a song!

• Members

I'd send it to you for a song!

__________________Would you accept a pic of Carmen Electra and a Chinchilla..

Kidding aside .I owned the Prophesy and the Rocktron stuff is cool .The one thing that is great is also a Pain .the depth of eq tweaking .the imo will make or break a tone .

• Members

I wouldn't even be considering it but I have been having a beast of a time EQing my POD XTLive through the mixing board at practice. That was always my practice amp of choice, but lately I have been frustrated to say the least. It gets one more chance tomorrow evening and then it will be demoted to effects unit only in my practice as well as live rig if it doesn't cooperate!

~Kurt

Archived