Novation XioSynth 49 problem

• Members

Hi all, not sure if you're able to help me.

I bought the above synth about 2 years ago. A while back, I had a very strange problem where one particular patch I used (pre-set one I had manipulated) sometimes went out of tune? Usually when I used the joystick, but sometimes even before that.

Now it's happened a lot, especially when using the joystick - I pitch bend and it'll go back to either a slightly detuned note or sometimes another note altogether.

On top of this, use of the joystick on ever patch is broken if push up (not side to side); if I push the joystick a slight amount, it acts like it's pushed all the way.. if I keep going it reverts back to what it should be?

I've looked at troubleshooting and it mentions calibrating the joystick but I can't get it to 0,0 when the joystick isn't pressed but I can't work out if this is a hardware or software fault. Does it sound familar to anyone - what's the best course of action?

• Members

There is new software for the Xio that fixes that problem and you need to recalibrate from the global menu. I did this and I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but my Xio(25) behaves strangely like it keeps jumping from the preset menu to a parameter menu. This is discussed at the Xio Yahoo group. I found it is minimal after turning/tweaking all knobs back and forth for awhile. Good luck. The new OS is available at the Novation site and I would check out the Xio Yahoo group

• Members

Well I've download system updates and I'm having no luck. It appears from the Yahoo group that I'm not the only one - when I go to calibrate it goes up to 108ish and back down to 14, whereas it should be 0 and 128 I believe. From left to right calibrates fine, but it still goes out of date from time to time. Piece of {censored}.

• Members

I feel your pain,wouldn't use this thing live. I was able to calibrate Ok, but have the other issue described above. There is a killer bank of presets I found on the Yahoo site, I'll go back and check which one and let you know. After that I programed my own patches from both the board and the free software editor available. Here again if you don't have it (the editor), I'll point you in the right direction. I might have to do some digging. Good luck

• Members

Would be interested in those patches if you can find them!

I've done a quick fix on the affected patches I'm using and made sure that the joystick parameters are set not to bend the note in any way - that should work... shouldn't it? :confused:

• Members

Would be interested in those patches if you can find them!

I've done a quick fix on the affected patches I'm using and made sure that the joystick parameters are set not to bend the note in any way - that should work... shouldn't it?
:confused:

The patches at the Xio Yahoo site I like are a bank of 100 by Lightfinger(Novation X-Station for Xio) posted October 11, 2010

• Members

I had this exact same problem with my Xiosynth, and the only thing that helped for me was a warranty exchange for a new unit.

Novation claimed to me that this issue was "very rare", but somehow I doubt that. The new unit I received didn't have the same issue however, at least not when I received it (I sold it shortly afterwards).

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I have a xiosynth 25 and the controls got very flaky, especially the joystick. Opened it up and discovered that the wiring harness between the display/control board and the main board had come partway out. I will brief you all as to how trying to reseat the harness connector goes, and if that solved the problems. It looks like a delicate process so I've been putting off doing it. But now seeing others have reported similar issues, I'll take a deep breath...and try it...

Archived