Trivium- The crusades

JnBroadbent

• Members

Overall, I like the album. Some songs are really good and other are just :bor:

I love the intro to 'and sadness will sear' Very meaty guitar tone. The guitars are better then ascendancy. You can actually hear the rhythm guitars and the leads sound better too.

Anyone know what amp(s) they used?

• Members

I'll admit musical taste is very subjective.... but what the hell happened to this band Ember and Ascendancy were so incredible.... why did they go and water down their rhythms? Granted their leads and solos got much better, but their rhythms flat out suck on this album... i mean they used to write riffs that would rival the brutality of Unearth and now we get some cheesy skid row meets motley crue crap.... nothing wrong with skid row but trivium is not skid row... or at least weren't.... i don't mind losing the screaming but the riffs and overall song arrangements are so lacking.... what a dissappointment... but again my opinion is subjective... i'm glad some people like it... just wish i felt the same

• Members

I'll admit musical taste is very subjective.... but what the hell happened to this band Ember and Ascendancy were so incredible.... why did they go and water down their rhythms? Granted their leads and solos got much better, but their rhythms flat out suck on this album... i mean they used to write riffs that would rival the brutality of Unearth and now we get some cheesy skid row meets motley crue crap.... nothing wrong with skid row but trivium is not skid row... or at least weren't.... i don't mind losing the screaming but the riffs and overall song arrangements are so lacking.... what a dissappointment... but again my opinion is subjective... i'm glad some people like it... just wish i felt the same

+1 on ember and ascendency being incredible albums...the rhythm guitar's were the most intersting part...i actually prefer his old vocal style too...pretty much everything on the other albums were better IMO

Archived