Uber clips anyone?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Here's a metal ass Bogner clip a buddy of mine recorded a while back. My singer recorded it for him, they just kinda wanted to do something heavy so they wrote this whole thing out in a day. And the drums are electronic too by the way. My singer did all the vocals too, which he just kinda faked out as he went along. Pretty good for a single day's effort, and that's a pretty crispy chuggy tone for an uber. But it sounds gigantic, pretty good for one mic per track.

Chugga Chugga

• Members

What's up Merced homie? Is that your Uber? I like how heavy it is but it's a tad muddy.....and I am a person who rarely calls anything dark or muddy around here... I dig the music the riffing the singing....nice tune...

That had alot to do with the fact that it was recorded with a 58 I think. It also has something to do with how it was mixed as well I'm sure. There is no bass recorded yet so I'm sure that some compensation was done with some EQ and all of that. I dunno, I can still hear everything in it, and I like how dark it sounds. I just keep telling them they need to put real drums to it, with some bass and a better more natural mixdown, I bet this track would rip.

edit: Oh yeah... hahaha, and it might be important to note that they downtuned to A sharp... It was as much of a joke as it was an experiment.

• Members

that tone reminds more of a 5150 with huge low end, not that that is a bad thing, i just expected something a little more different from the uber, but that might just be their settings. anyways thanks for posting a chuggah clip of the uber, it seems to handle the low tuning (tightness) a lot better than i thought. i still want one...

• Members

that tone reminds more of a 5150 with huge low end, not that that is a bad thing, i just expected something a little more different from the uber, but that might just be their settings. anyways thanks for posting a chuggah clip of the uber, it seems to handle the low tuning (tightness) a lot better than i thought. i still want one...

To be honest, the guy who played on it is a drummer. He somehow hit this spot on the knobs and made it sound that way, no clue how he did it. I always kinda figured the uber would be too soggy for {censored} like that. but he got it sounding pretty stiff. My tone is pretty different. Not much, on our recordings, but quite a bit live. I kinda like that about this amp. Fiddling with the knobs is so rewarding. So many different settings... If you have an opportunity to try one, you should. If you are wanting stop on a dime lowend for crazy speed oriented stuff, maybe look elsewhere. If you want a damn angry sounding amp that always seems to sound organic at the same time, you have to try the uber.

• Members

i like tweaking knobs, did that a lot on my knucklehead. angry and organic sounds good to me! i am not playing speed metal, but i really like tight bottom end...anyways, one shop close to me has ordered one and i love to try it, they are hard to come by over here...i almost hope i dislike it, because i have pretty much no money right now:cry:

• Members

Good luck with not liking it tdr...

i knew i had to buy an uberschall within seconds of plugging into one for the first time. it was some time before i could afford to take the plunge, but i have been amazed by mine ever since i got it. i highly recommend pairing it with an uberschall 4x12. i played mine through a mesa recto (oversized) 4x12 for about a year before i got the uberkab...what a difference. my mesa cabs still sound great with my dual rectifier, but the bogner definitely likes the uberkab a lot more.

good luck,

russell

• Members

yeah, i guess that it will be hard not to like it....guess i will have to do same as you did, save up a little till i can really afford one. my shop had the uberschall on order now for almost 2 months, they have a shiva combo but bogner has not sent them the uber yet, so i will have to wait a little longer anyways...

@fwaxeibanez

do you have any trouble cutting through the mix when you play with your band? i saw a band recently that had ubers, when they played alone during soundcheck, it just sounded ungodly, but when the played with the whole band, they were barely noticeable. bad settings? stupid soundguy?

• Members

@fwaxeibanez

do you have any trouble cutting through the mix when you play with your band? i saw a band recently that had ubers, when they played alone during soundcheck, it just sounded ungodly, but when the played with the whole band, they were barely noticeable. bad settings? stupid soundguy?

Most likely just retarded settings. If he is trying to get a super stiff and polished metal tone, he probably was scooping the hell out of his mids waiting for it to get all crisp and chunky. I've never had any trouble being heard, but I don't crank the gain or go the normal routes to heavy tone. It's really hard not to get this thing to sound gigantic. It's crazy how responsive the knobs are too.

I definitely recommend you try it. I'm letting mine go pretty soon to try out an amp at an incredible deal, but somehow or another I'll probably end up with an Uber again.

Archived