Oberheim OB-8 keyboard problems

• Members

Hello. I have an Oberheim OB-8 I've been trying to get up to full function. I've fixed the LED problem I was having on the Pot board but I still can't get the keyboard to function properly. Some keys are dead or seem to be dead. For instance the D0 key does nothing but if you hold it down for some 10 seconds or so it starts to wildly trigger each successive voice and then stop on one. Several keys do this while other "dead" keys stay dead. Anyone out there know where I should be looking? Bad diodes on the keyboard? Something on the processor board (1670D board)? The 16 pin connector and cable to the keyboard is good so I know it's not the connection. This is driving me nuts. :confused:

• Members

This is more than just contacts. I've cleaned them already and I have the SoundDoctorin replacement pads. This is circuit related. Is there a systematic method to testing a Panasonic keyboard? I'm half tempted to yank the keyboard out of my PolySix and drop it in at this point but I rather learn to troubleshoot the keyboard itself and make a repair if I can. I'm just starting to learn how to service these so I don't want to lose the experience or the money by sending it off to a tech. I think the more end users that know how to work on this stuff the better off we'll all be.

Archived