technical question for any amp techs???

goldwing68nv

• Members

hey guys.i just sold a (early 90's?)Laney AOR II 50-watt el34 tube head on ebay to another ebay member out of state.i purchased it originally off ebay a few months ago and the last seller had a local shop tech install a new output transformer into it(dont know why).the buyer that i sold it to got it about a week ago.he started it up & it played fine for the 10 minutes that he initially had it powered up for.he then played it another three times during the course of the week,for approx 10 minutes each time,not really having an opportunity to play any longer than that.over the weekend,he finally had the time to play it longer,but after powering up the amp,this time around,nothing happens after he flips the switch over to take the amp out of stand-by mode.no sound coming from his 4x12 speaker cab.the amp,he says,does make a slight,normal sounding hum from it,while powered up,but in stand-by mode...any suggestions on what to check OR what the symptoms could be indicating would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks alot!!!

Archived