VH140C fans... a present for you (schematics & parts lists)

cryptic1911

• Members

Guys,

In an effort to keep these old vh140's functioning properly, I paid for some schematics and parts lists to give out to anyone who want's / needs them. I know of a couple people recently who are in need of these or have theirs out for repair, so here's my gift to you guys:

http://www.dubnet.org/Ampeg-VH140C-schematics.pdf

:cool:

• Members

As it turns out it looks like I am really going to need your schematics, good thing I have a plotter at work so I can print them out full size for my local amp tech. The one I brought home from the tech only worked for a hour than it did its stupid volume shifting thing and then it flat up and died. I let it sit for a couple of hours, and then I played it again with no problems. Went to play it last nite again and it was dead again.

AND THEN, I just got a beat up 2 x 12 combo from ebay last nite with no speakers, and while it powers up fine and there is no volume fading problem, I think the input jack needs to be replaced and the pots are scratchy as hell. Oh well he told me in the auction that the pots were scratchy I guess I didnt really understand how it would affect the amps tone. I think both should be cheap fixes though once the tech has these schematics.

• 1 month later...

Archived