Possible Spam: Single Rectifier Solo Head V2

DarkCide

• Members

I'm considering selling my Single Rectifier Solo Head II. The amp is in MINT condition. Got it from Bazguitarman a few months ago. Asking $900 shipped within the US.

The amp comes with a footswitch, amp cover and a case for the footswitch. I'm including 2 6L6 tubes and 2 EL34 power amp tubes.

The SR is a great amp but I'm looking for something different. An amp that focuses more on the upper mids rather than the lower mids. I guess that's why Eric (Bazguitarman) traded it with me since he was looking for a different tone.

I want to sell so I can finance other purchases and I can't afford to keep too much gear around. I've used this amp for a total of 2 hours. So you're basically getting a new amp for $400 less than what you would be at a guitar store.

Here's a pic:

singlerectifierog1.jpg

• Members

Yeah, that`s my old amp. It basically looks like a new amp for real. I never had any trouble out of it and it was always consistant. Talal is also a great guy to deal with. He and I talked a couple of times on the phone and he is a stand up guy. Really cares about music and appreciates good equipment. I wouldn`t doubt for a second that the amp still looks brand new.

Good luck bro. What are you thinking of going with?

Maybe you should retry the 5150 II, but have it modded with a new OT and choke. Just a little bit of work to refine it. I`m still debating over what to have done to mine. I`m actually really liking it in stock form but definitaly want to get the three channel mod done. And also have the bias mod done.

Don`t forget that new "metal" amp that Scott (Splawn) is working on. It sounds like it could be a killer. Scott says he is basing the gain tone on the early Fear Factory tones.

Eric

• Members
Yeah, that`s my old amp. It basically looks like a new amp for real. I never had any trouble out of it and it was always consistant. Talal is also a great guy to deal with. He and I talked a couple of times on the phone and he is a stand up guy. Really cares about music and appreciates good equipment. I wouldn`t doubt for a second that the amp still looks brand new.

Good luck bro. What are you thinking of going with?

Maybe you should retry the 5150 II, but have it modded with a new OT and choke. Just a little bit of work to refine it. I`m still debating over what to have done to mine. I`m actually really liking it in stock form but definitaly want to get the three channel mod done. And also have the bias mod done.

Don`t forget that new "metal" amp that Scott (Splawn) is working on. It sounds like it could be a killer. Scott says he is basing the gain tone on the early Fear Factory tones.

Eric

Hey Eric. Thanks for the good words. I'm glad you're enjoying the 5150II.

I thought about getting another Peavey, but I have decided to try different amps until I find something I am completely happy with. I think the Single Recto is a really nice amp. Too bad it was not what I am looking for.

This is going to be huge step for me, but I'm thinking of getting the ENGL SE. Yep, going all out. Still thinking about it though. :thu:

• Members
Hey Eric. Thanks for the good words. I'm glad you're enjoying the 5150II.

I thought about getting another Peavey, but I have decided to try different amps until I find something I am completely happy with. I think the Single Recto is a really nice amp. Too bad it was not what I am looking for.

This is going to be huge step for me, but I'm thinking of getting the ENGL SE. Yep, going all out. Still thinking about it though.
:thu:

The SE is an awesome amp for sure. That is a big step. They are pricey. If you get a chance check out the new Marshall JVM. A lot of the guys are pretty impressed with it. I havn`t tried one myself, but will definitaly be looking for one to try.

It`s funny. That Single Recto was such a killer little amp. If the "modern" mode wasn`t so wacky I would have kept it. The other tones the amp gets are all nice. I wanted to like that amp soooo much.

I am still loving the 5150 II. I don`t think I`ll ever get rid of it. I may buy other amps, but I`ll hold on to the `ol shifty 1 shifty.

Good luck.

Eric

• Members
The SE is an awesome amp for sure. That is a big step. They are pricey. If you get a chance check out the new Marshall JVM. A lot of the guys are pretty impressed with it. I havn`t tried one myself, but will definitaly be looking for one to try.

It`s funny. That Single Recto was such a killer little amp. If the "modern" mode wasn`t so wacky I would have kept it. The other tones the amp gets are all nice. I wanted to like that amp soooo much.

I am still loving the 5150 II. I don`t think I`ll ever get rid of it. I may buy other amps, but I`ll hold on to the `ol shifty 1 shifty.

Good luck.

Eric

Change your avatar, Captain Longposts!

:p

• Members

Even before I knew Eric and before I traded amps with him, I always found his posts very informative and fun to read.

LOL. Thanks Talal. Everyone is giving me a hard time because of the thread I started last week. I don`t mind. It`s all in good humor.

I was thinking maybe you should try a Framus Cobra. They are sorta pricey, but aren`t too bad on the used market. I really want to try one myself. The general concensus is they are one of the best high gain amps ever made. My local GC started carrying them, but they don`t have an amp room so you can`t try one at gigging volume. I don`t know how they sell any amps. Who wants to buy something that you don`t know what it sounds like?

Good luck,

Eric

• Members

GC carries Framus now? Strange!

I heard that the Cobras don't sound good at low volumes, just like Boogies.

I was thinking of getting the Cobra since leaned more towards the SE. I really want to end my gear search, that's why I think the SE might be the right. Pretty darn expensive though!

I have spent a lot of money through the years buying gear. Some times go back to the mentality of buying gear like climbing a ladder. Rather than buying the very top (best) on the list, I tend to buy slightly better stuff over time. That way I end up wasting money and in the end I buy the most expensive piece of gear which I should have bought from the very beginning.

It would have been wonderful if I was rich. I'm trying to buy a house and the gear frenzy is still there!

• Members

GC carries Framus now? Strange!

I heard that the Cobras don't sound good at low volumes, just like Boogies.

I was thinking of getting the Cobra since leaned more towards the SE. I really want to end my gear search, that's why I think the SE might be the right. Pretty darn expensive though!

I have spent a lot of money through the years buying gear. Some times go back to the mentality of buying gear like climbing a ladder. Rather than buying the very top (best) on the list, I tend to buy slightly better stuff over time. That way I end up wasting money and in the end I buy the most expensive piece of gear which I should have bought from the very beginning.

It would have been wonderful if I was rich. I'm trying to buy a house and the gear frenzy is still there!

Talal, sounds like you are set on the SE. I think they are great amps. Way too deep and complex for me, but all the clips I`ve heard are awesome. DerekB really likes the SE. Were are you thinking of buying one? New or used?

Eric

Archived