shipping an amp internationally

ilovemystrat

• Members

I'm moving to Japan and I want to bring my fender pro junior with me. does anyone know of a company that ships internationally?

Should I just buy a new one (its a tube amp, so it'll be double the price unfortunately and probably something i couldn't afford right away) or bring it with me?

• Members

A Pro Junior?? Don't bother bringing it. You are coming to amp heaven. Amps (boutique) are way more expensive but the selection is just sick....

Any of the PCB Fenders can be had on yahoo auctions for decent used prices.

And last but NOT LEAST...!!!!!!!!!!! Mains votage is 100v so account for a $50-$100 step up converter.

Leave it at home...and give me a call when you get to Japan.
Chris @ candhh@yahoo.com

• Members

A Pro Junior?? Don't bother bringing it. You are coming to amp heaven. Amps (boutique) are way more expensive but the selection is just sick....

Any of the PCB Fenders can be had on yahoo auctions for decent used prices.

And last but NOT LEAST...!!!!!!!!!!! Mains votage is 100v so account for a $50-$100 step up converter.

Leave it at home...and give me a call when you get to Japan.

Chris @

i'm definitely bringing my japanese strat with me! there's no way in hell i'd leave that in the US!

its coming on the plane!

• Members

What?? Leave the strat at home, too. If you like J strats you are in for a treat. The Japanese strats you get in the states are like the rejects from the the stock that stays in Japan. A word of advice...When (not if) you go to Ochanomizu LEAVE your credit card at home LOL:thu:

• Members

What?? Leave the strat at home, too. If you like J strats you are in for a treat. The Japanese strats you get in the states are like the rejects from the the stock that stays in Japan. A word of advice...When (not if) you go to Ochanomizu LEAVE your credit card at home LOL:thu:

no way d00d!

i brought that strat when i was in japan last year.

its coming back with me

and anyhoo

i won't have money for anything for a while. the guitar comes with.

(and I doubt i could find this one again)

• Members

Why does it need to be shipped? Can't you just take it on the plane? If you're set on shipping it, my guitar was shipped through EMS when I ordered it from Japan

oh, crap, didn't clarify again.

the guitar can go on the plane! easily. no big deal! except a lot of a whorry that it'll break. but it has already done the trip from japan to america. now its time to go back!

plus the FREE BEER ON ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS will cut down the worry!

the amp would have to have some sort of protection? the back is open, even a good kick would destroy it.

• Members

oh, crap, didn't clarify again.

the guitar can go on the plane! easily. no big deal! except a lot of a whorry that it'll break. but it has already done the trip from japan to america. now its time to go back!

plus the FREE BEER ON ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS will cut down the worry!

the amp would have to have some sort of protection? the back is open, even a good kick would destroy it.

Buy a good roadcase for it. Then bubble wrap it and put it in a box. It should be pretty safe then.

Archived