Two EMG's, three knobs wiring configurations

DarkCide

• Members

My Schecter Hellraiser has three knobs. One for neck pu volume, one of bridge pu volume and one for tone.

The pickups are EMG81 bridge and 85 neck. I don't really like the idea of having separate volume control for both pick.

If I wire both pickups to one of the knobs for volume and one knob is used for tone already, how can I make use of the third knob?

• Members

A cool bass control like a G&L. Should work just fine. You'll have to replace one pot with a 1meg for the bass control. 500k might be better, that's what I used as that is all I had at the time.

http://www.glguitars.com/schematics/Legacy_schematic_blockdiagram.pdf

I done this to my Gibson V and it's pretty cool. Not so much use on high gain except for getting a real tight bottom end. Really cool for cleans though.

• Members
My Schecter Hellraiser has three knobs. One for neck pu volume, one of bridge pu volume and one for tone.

The pickups are EMG81 bridge and 85 neck. I don't really like the idea of having separate volume control for both pick.

If I wire both pickups to one of the knobs for volume and one knob is used for tone already, how can I make use of the third knob?

EMG's should have a wiring diagram that comes with it and it shows about 4-5 way's of wiring them into your axe.:cool::rawk:

Archived